Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just curious??

Options
  • 13-09-2008 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

Halfway between Dromkeen and Pallasgreen there is a major piece of road construction going on. It is happening in a field to the left hand side of the road as you are travelling from the Limerick direction. It looks like a flyover / bridge being constucted.

Does anyone know what this construction is ???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭pink star

MonsieurD wrote: »
    Halfway between Dromkeen and Pallasgreen there is a major piece of road construction going on. It is happening in a field to the left hand side of the road as you are travelling from the Limerick direction. It looks like a flyover / bridge being constucted.

Does anyone know what this construction is ???

Hiya, Just lettin you know there is an unmanned railway crossing in there and a few people have been killed so the flyover is being put in there for people to walk and drive over. Hope its useful to you:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭MonsieurD

Cheers, thanks for the info. I pass it twice everyday and my curiousity has been getting the better of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭irishshogun

pink star wrote: »
    Hiya, Just lettin you know there is an unmanned railway crossing in there and a few people have been killed so the flyover is being put in there for people to walk and drive over. Hope its useful to you:o

Was wondering about that myself, thanks for the info :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭pink star

No problem guys...I'd seen it but it didn't bother me but my brother is a truck driver who draws tar and travels in and out that road everyday too I guessed he's know so i suppose I shouldn't really take the credit for it!! But seriously what is up with all the roadworks, not only are they doing it on the main road but up by Dromkeen and Caherconlish they're laying bloody pipes its a pain in the butt and the guys will not let you pass but sure whats the point in complaining!! haha!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Budgets my guess, if they don't spend all of this year's budget that has been allocated to them they will not be allocated the same amount next year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭MonsieurD

Once THE BUDGET is announced next week, I reckon we may not see that many roadworks in the foreseeable future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

pink star wrote: »
    No problem guys...I'd seen it but it didn't bother me but my brother is a truck driver who draws tar and travels in and out that road everyday too I guessed he's know so i suppose I shouldn't really take the credit for it!! But seriously what is up with all the roadworks, not only are they doing it on the main road but up by Dromkeen and Caherconlish they're laying bloody pipes its a pain in the butt and the guys will not let you pass but sure whats the point in complaining!! haha!!:rolleyes:

More roadworks at Monard too :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    MonsieurD wrote: »
    Once THE BUDGET is announced next week, I reckon we may not see that many roadworks in the foreseeable future.

I can't decide if that's a good or bad thing!

Advertisement