Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New music

Options
  • 13-09-2008 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I need to find some new music to listen to. I don't really listen to any particular genres, so I have to kinda find an album that a lot of people recommend and listen to it to make up my own mind. I use Amazon's lists quite a bit, but a lot of it is just noise to my aging ears. How do people go about finding music they've never listened to before, and do you start with a greatest hits collection (if one is available) or a debut album or what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Use http://www.last.fm, put in some bands you are interested in, and it will recommend (and let you listen to) similar music.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Yeah, I have a last.fm stream hooked up in my Amarok player, but it doesn't appear to deviate much from a list I gave it when I signed up a few months ago. I don't listen to it that much, but I was expecting it to take the fact that I love, say, Run by Snow Patrol, and find me something comparable? Isn't that the theory?

Advertisement