Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you wish you were told before giving birth?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Quackles wrote: »
    It's the smell, baby smell is hypnotic, makes you forget everything :pac: Hurry up, baby, I need a fix!! I had a grand time last time around, the stitches were nothing ;) In all seriousness, though, I blame the epidural and not being able to feel what I was doing for a lot of my problems last time, I'm really hoping that going without one this time (not to mention the fact that I've delivered an 8lb 7oz baby before) will mean that things go a bit more smoothly this time!

Fingers and toes crossed for you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Why, oh why did I read this thread? Hopefully by the time I decide to have babies it will be a disant memory.

No sexytime for my OH tonight!

(although I was surprised how well versed he was in some of the things mentioned. After talking to him about it I can see he's going to the type that will read every baby book under the sun !)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭ilovecars

i was 17 having my baby nearly 11 years ago.. never ever again, its the most awful experience you could ever go through, and as for forgetting the pain when you see him.. not at all it has never left me, when i hear someone is pregnant now i'm like, have you any idea what is ahead of you girl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

ilovecars wrote: »
    i was 17 having my baby nearly 11 years ago.. never ever again, its the most awful experience you could ever go through, and as for forgetting the pain when you see him.. not at all it has never left me, when i hear someone is pregnant now i'm like, have you any idea what is ahead of you girl

:eek: Were you and the baby okay? More details please!

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

Quackles wrote: »
    If it was as bad as all that, we wouldn't go through it again - honestly, I'm looking forward to a second crack at labour :) You'll be fine!!

I'm with Quackles on this one. Cant wait to get pregnant again (DD is 8 months already!!!) to have another stab (gallows humour!) at the labour thing. I really think realizing that it is exactly what you were made to do actually helps. Horror stories or not I can see precisely what my mother (RIP) meant when I used to ask her what it was like and how come she went through it 8 times if it was as bad as it looked on the telly.

Aren't we the most AMAZING creatures really?!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The more you know about the process of being pregnant over the various stages and
    what to expect when you start labour and tuning in to your own body I found helped a huge ammount.

The second time aroung was tougher for me as I was induced but at least I knew what was going on and what to expect and felt a lot more in control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

I haven't had a baby myself, but this thread reminds me of a story my biology teacher told us in 6th year. She was telling us all about her baby being born, and she had an epidural birth, which was fine, apart from the episiotomy. But a while after the baby was born, she needed to go to the loo, so she went to the bathroom and did her business. Then she saw a pack of wipes on the back of the loo, and thought they were a great idea to keep everything nice and clean. So she cleaned herself down there with one, and instantly fell over screaming in agony - turns out they were alcohol wipes for cleaning the toilet seat!

So don't do that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

I haven't had a baby myself, but this thread reminds me of a story my biology teacher told us in 6th year. She was telling us all about her baby being born, and she had an epidural birth, which was fine, apart from the episiotomy. But a while after the baby was born, she needed to go to the loo, so she went to the bathroom and did her business. Then she saw a pack of wipes on the back of the loo, and thought they were a great idea to keep everything nice and clean. So she cleaned herself down there with one, and instantly fell over screaming in agony - turns out they were alcohol wipes for cleaning the toilet seat!

So don't do that!

:eek:

Advertisement