Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Air Frost 2008

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

3.0c here last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Danno wrote: »
    Mullingar - Oct 21st
    In case you forgot Dan, conditions look to be slightly in favour of an airfrost tonight Dan but will it get close to 0C before midnight?

Temps tumbling around the country atm and dewpoints are fairly low but humidities are on the up. But I'll go for temps between 0.5C to 1C at one synoptic station in the east and midlands overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Too windy here for frost tonight unless it drops off, temp around 6°C for several hours now.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Aye same here, temp around the 7.5C mark for over an hour but my air is maritime moving in over the city on a SW'ly.

Tonight is the 21st night of the month, got until 9am :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Grrrr, what a night for batteries to die in the console, grrr. I bet there will be a frost and I cannot record it... aaaaargghh!

//shakes fist at the energiser company//

Grrrr, what a night for batteries to die in the console, grrr. I bet there will be a frost and I cannot record it... aaaaargghh!

//shakes fist at the energiser company//
    Oh dear, professional weather station with cheapy batts is a definite no no:eek: :D

Got it back online, found a spare C battery and put it in. Low Console Batteries is a [better] forecast than "increasing clouds, precip possible within 12 hours" :D:D:D
    Definately DURACELL to be purchased tomorrow - but I hate that evil bunny, kinda like a pink version of that snow rabbit I've seen mentioned here a few times :D

//thread is really gone OT - Sorry!//

Back OT

Will there be a frost tonight then?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

NRA currently reporting 0.0c at Kilkenny (at 0500).

Maybe if MetE still had their station there we would have an official first air frost!

NRA currently reporting -0.3c at Kilkenny (at 0600).

DOCARCH wrote: »
    NRA currently reporting 0.0c at Kilkenny (at 0500).

Maybe if MetE still had their station there we would have an official first air frost!

NRA currently reporting -0.3c at Kilkenny (at 0600).
    The NRA station is not located in the city centre though as was the ME equipment(Iirc the castle? mothman?).
    City centres/town centres tend to be slightly warmer than out in the sticks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

The NRA station is not located in the city centre though as was the ME equipment(Iirc the castle? mothman?).
    City centres/town centres tend to be slightly warmer than out in the sticks.

Was aware of that. Thanks. Anyway.

Dublin AP reporting 0c at 1800 - this, as far as I am aware, is the first official air frost of this winter.

Snowbie wrote: »
    It will come close in the midlands and west this week for an air frost to develop.

But i'll go with Dublin AP 31st Oct

Dublin AP reporting 0c at 1800 - this, as far as I am aware, is the first official air frost of this winter.
    Alright since I'm the closest, how many points do i get from my astonishing prediction made back in September. So how about it my fellow league buddies friends mates, do you agree i should be awarded max points for this closely studied prediction made under pressure from all you excellent weather league participants 6 weeks ago.

nacho and trogdor no need to answer straight away

:)Supercell, how about it me auld mate, my right honourable buddy.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Was aware of that. Thanks. Anyway.

Not quite yet. +0.4c was the lowest Dub Airport got down to by 6 pm. Will have to wait til 7 pm for the first frost. :pac:

Edit, which is at Casement. -0.8c at 7.pm. :)

Not quite yet. +0.4c was the lowest Dub Airport got down to by 6 pm. Will have to wait til 7 pm for the first frost. :pac:

Edit, which is at Casement. -0.8c at 7.pm. :)

Quite correct!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

The +0.4C gets rounded to 0C for the text obs on the website.

Little doubt that Casement will be joined by Dublin AP and many other locations in having air frost tonight.

So Casement grabs it with -0.8c at 7pm.

No points, we all loose. Tough! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

So Casement grabs it with -0.8c at 7pm.

No points, we all loose. Tough! :D:D:D

I insist on points to Snowbie though. If refused, revolt may ensue.:)

I insist on points to Snowbie though. If refused, revolt may ensue.:)
    I agree

on both counts:D

Advertisement