Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subscription stuff

Options
  • 14-09-2008 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

1) can you subscribe using a laser card?

2) if not, can this be changed please? kthnksbai
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Don't think so, think it's something to do with paypal. As for changing that it would probably take a lot of development time and money so not really worth it I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

yeah, laser is not an option. ruggie bear used to allow people give him the cash and he'd set it up using his credit card i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Probably charges involved if boards setup subscriptions via Laser. You could try getting a 3v card (3v.ie), link to Paypal and then pay that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Don't think so, think it's something to do with paypal. As for changing that it would probably take a lot of development time and money so not really worth it I'd imagine.

But nearly everyone has a laser card at this stage, do you really think it wouldn't be worth it? I know I could get a 3v voucher, but they are a pain in the ass tbh, and when so many other Irish websites offer laser usage I thought it wouldn't be too outrageous a suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

when so many other Irish websites offer laser usage I thought it wouldn't be too outrageous a suggestion.

The difference is that they're commercial sites and would have a much higher volume of people wanting to pay for something every day. To be able to utilise laser costs money, and for a non-compulsory subscription site like here having a laser payment option for a handful of transactions every week just wouldn't be cost effective, both in terms of service charges and development time.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

But nearly everyone has a laser card at this stage, do you really think it wouldn't be worth it?

To be perfectly honest, yes. Getting this to work and making it 100% secure would take a long time and I imagine it wouldn't work out cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

OK fair enough, didn't realise it would be so costly to boards.

Advertisement