Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bose SoundDock and iPod Touch

• 14-09-2008 12:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,998 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

After recently getting my grubby mitts on an Ipod touch I thought it might be nice to get a Bose SoundDock for the bedroom. I did some looking on line but I'm getting some mixed information.

Some sites and people say that the original SoundDock (which is the one down to €199) will charge the iPod as it should and others are saying it won't. I know that it will certainly playback music but I don't know if it charges it. Does anyone know anything about this?

Has anyone here used a touch with the original SoundDock and not the newer portable model?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,998 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Hey dude,

My Girlfriend got me one for my birthday, awesome machine :-)

Yes it will charge your iPod Touch, charges mine!

Hey dude,

My Girlfriend got me one for my birthday, awesome machine :-)

Yes it will charge your iPod Touch, charges mine!

Hi Dave,

Are you sure it is the original SoundDock and not the portable? I dunno why I didn't think to ring Bose themselves, so I did that and they confirmed that the original SoundDock does not and will never charge the touch which is a shame as I don't fancy shelling out €400 for the portable.

Well, I have this one.

And it charges it, it's not portable either.

Hmnnn that's mad. That's the one I've tested and it hasn't worked. I wonder is yours from a later production batch.

Dave when you pop your iPod onto the SoundDock do you get any kinda of indication or signal that the iPod is charging? When I've tried mine it doesn't give any signal that it is charging.

• Advertisement

I'll have a look when I get home bro.. but I would better uber amounts of cash it charges.. I'll take snap to show ya..

Here it is, although my iPod is fully charged, you can still see the battery comes up.

15092008.jpg

Hey Dave, thanks for that, much appreciated. I noticed when I had my own iPod connected to the sounddock under the info it had SoundDock v1.20, so it must be a batch thing, some work and some don't.

If it's not too much trouble at all, can you go into the Settings/General while it's connected to the SoundDock and tell me what version info it gives.

Heh heh, I'm guessing you just got lucky.

Mine says 1.2.0 too bro... Very strange how yours doesn't work.

Hi Dave,

Well many thanks for going to all that trouble dude. I guess I'll have to try a few until I find one that charges! :D

• Advertisement

No worries bro.

I know someone else with one, I'll ask them if they have had any problems charging theirs.

Thanks Dave, much appreciated.

Advertisement