Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got positive experiences of solid wood floor laid on Elastilon??

Options
  • 14-09-2008 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

We have a solid oak floor laid on Elastilon and it is extremely noisy - ie creaking and cracking with every step taken. It is also very bouncy in spots. The hall is particulary bad all over but the sitting room is also creaking a bit and worse in some spots than others. It's down about 4 months and just seems to be getting worse (or maybe we're just getting more fed up with it:D). Had the fitter out and they are going to lift and relay. They say that there should have been a levelling compound poured first to ensure the floor was level. My questions are:

1. How long does the levelling compound have to dry for? They say they want to come in, lift the floor, pour the levelling compound and come back the next day to lay new floor. Is this enough time to let it dry?

2. They are relaying on Elastilon. I am concerned that the creaking problem will not be solved... Is this a problem with laying on Elastilon?

I would love to hear from others who have laid their floors with this method. Six months/a year down the line, are you still happy with it? Does it creak/crack?

Advertisement