Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gordon Freeman works at the Large Hadron Collider

Options
  • 14-09-2008 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this has been posted before, certainly gave me a laugh.

Article here.

10698_48c7161254f4d.jpg

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Well thats us screwed then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Quick! throw him the crowbar!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

I never thought I'd see a resonance cascade, let alone create one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

I never thought I'd see a resonance cascade, let alone create one!

HL_Scientist.jpg

Still say there's nothing to chaos theory?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

There is another pic as well of a guy that looks like the G Man, but it seems photoshopped.

2842011829_9658823c5c_o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Where's Barney?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I wonder of the relative intelligence of the target audience for this type of humour, the sort that require large format text and an arrow to tell you that *this* is the Large Hadron Collider, I mean, what could folk mix it up with?
    Perhaps the one next door, the Medium Hadron Collider, or the one owned by cousin Billy Joe Bob, the Large Hamster Collider?

It's a bit like american movies where they show you a picture of Buckingham Palace, pop up a sign to say "Buckingham Palace", then add, "London, England", as opposed to the other "Buckingham Palace" just down the road next to the Spar, you know the one, they do great spring rolls, yeah, the one with the guy with the squint and the funny leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I wonder of the relative intelligence of the target audience for this type of humour, the sort that require large format text and an arrow to tell you that *this* is the Large Hadron Collider, I mean, what could folk mix it up with?
    Perhaps the one next door, the Medium Hadron Collider, or the one owned by cousin Billy Joe Bob, the Large Hamster Collider?

It's a bit like american movies where they show you a picture of Buckingham Palace, pop up a sign to say "Buckingham Palace", then add, "London, England", as opposed to the other "Buckingham Palace" just down the road next to the Spar, you know the one, they do great spring rolls, yeah, the one with the guy with the squint and the funny leg.

Tough day was it?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

It's a pretty generic pipe in the 1st picture, and i have no idea what the second one would have been without being told.
    The LHC is 27 bloody kilometers long and you're assuming people would be able to recognise from two random shots of a pipe and a thingy....

Jesus wept.....

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭rigumagoo

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been posted before, certainly gave me a laugh.

Article here.

10698_48c7161254f4d.jpg

I say we find out who this guy is and anonymously send him hundreds of crowbars, with notes attatched reading: "For humanity, Dr. Freeman."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Azza wrote: »
    Well thats us screwed then!

Not as long as we have Gordon Freeman!

rigumagoo wrote: »
    I say we find out who this guy is and anonymously send him hundreds of crowbars, with notes attatched reading: "For humanity, Dr. Freeman."

I'm fairly sure that someone has already done that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I'm fairly sure that someone has already done that :)

That actually made me lol

I can imagine this guy being some Swedish physics professor, unaware of the likeness, who gets back home to find a large amount of individually sent crowbars in the mail and just going "Wtf.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Brilliant, made me laugh too.

Advertisement