Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celtic tattoo

Options
  • 14-09-2008 2:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

I am thinking / wanting a celtic tattoo but i want something with meaning, any ideas??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

I could point you to many scripts and pictures of crosses, but to be honest I think if you want something with meaning it needs to be meaningful to you, and that is really something you should find for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Stedub

dont really fancy a cross, i am looking for a knot but finding tough to get the right one, i get what u mean captain but where do u start... i just keeping coming across he same designs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Stedub wrote: »
    dont really fancy a cross, i am looking for a knot but finding tough to get the right one, i get what u mean captain but where do u start... i just keeping coming across he same designs
    I wouldn't know really with this sort of project (mine come from different things.)

Celtic is a wide wide subject really, maybe pin pointing what section (not from a design/monument point of view but a meaning/story view and work from there? That way you're bound to find something you like that has meaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Why don't you pick something you actually have an interest in instead of saying "I want something Celtic" and just asking people for something random...

If you pick something you actually care about you might be able to turn it towards a Celtic theme rather than just getting some arbitrary design because it's "Celtic" (what does that even mean btw!?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

My advice would be to have a look at some books on Celtic design and history in a bookstore. Waterstones/Easons/ hodges & figgis carry a good selection. Failing that try getty images in Google.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 parnellie

I'd quite like a tattoo but i dnt want it to be somewhere really obvious. I want it be just for me ya know? any suggestions?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Anywhere under your clothes, ive mine on my stomach/ribs area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 canoddle

try do what i do for all my tattoo's. . . .ya get an idea in your head . ya've alredy got a celtic thing goin. . . . and free draw on paper until ya come up with somethin ya really like. . . . .that way its got meaning. . .

Advertisement