Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Energy drinks and bars

Options
  • 14-09-2008 7:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

I use High5 energy drink, but it is expensive so was thinking of using the Nuuns instead. I know the Nuuns are a hydration drink and not a carbo drink but was thinking of taking bananas or maybe the High5 gels as well.
    What does everyone else use? are the Nuuns any good? Are the gels?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭'68 Fastback

I use NUUNs with PowerBars and PowerBar carb drink. I think they're pretty good but if you're doing a distance you'd defo need something carbolicious to go with 'em. I sweat like a hog on the bike normally but with NUUNs its comedy sweat, like a frakin river. I put this down to the extra hydration. Good for recovery too. Don't get the Cola, its gak.

They're pretty good for a hangover too, in the absense of any alka-seltzer.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I know this is not what you guys want to hear but these drinks are aweful for your teeth! Imagine sipping on that for 4, 5 hours non stop ... bad bad bad!!! ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

I know this is not what you guys want to hear but these drinks are aweful for your teeth! Imagine sipping on that for 4, 5 hours non stop ... bad bad bad!!! ...
    It's very hard to get 300+ kcals into you every hour without eating stuff that's bad for your teeth. (ie sugars)

oh I know that ... I regularly cycle long distances too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

Any chance of an alternative suggestion then....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Have your teeth removed... no pearly whites means no problem! :D

No ... drink water and eat more? Not sure ... I am just saying what the dentist said ... sorry I shouldn't have started this in the 1st place. I only drink energy drinks when I need to at the weekend when I know I am heading for more than 130km, and only sometimes ... For weekday spins and shorter weekend spin, I prefer just water and bars ... knowing that eating the bar will take me just 30 seconds ... acid in mouth 30sec Vs 5 hours ...
    I am no dentist either ... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭'68 Fastback

Have your teeth removed... no pearly whites means no problem! :D

This is why dentures were invented.
    much better than the real thing, plus you can choose the look thats right for you!:D

Advertisement