Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colour tattoos

Options
  • 14-09-2008 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

Have a good few small black tattoos but was thinking of getting a small colour one on the back of my neck, but was wondering do colour tattoos "weather" well, do some colours look better after a few years, would i be better just getting black again. Thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

my only colour tatt is only a few months old, but, all tattoos weather the same, iirc, if they're kept well, moisturised etc, and don't get much sun then the colour should in theory stay quite strong, it's the sun that's the main killer of any tattoo as the pigment that the ink latches onto so to speak is the same pigment that is essentially taken from your skin my exposure to sun. The colour will fade slightly but when looked after they do seem to wear well, I remember asking steve in snakebite about em, and he showed me some of his tattoos on his legs which were some of the first ones he had done and even though the lines weren't as sharp as when they were done, (which happens to everyones ink) the colours were still pretty strong

Advertisement