Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roisin Ingle on NewsTalk

• 14-09-2008 9:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭

Where did she go? Haven't listened to NewsTalk saturday mornings for a while . I know someone was on and now it's orla barry

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

With the reshuffle that took place with the arrival of Tom Dunne, it looks like Orla Barry has been moved to Saturday Mornings - Weekend Blend.

But I did hear a radio ad the other day that Tom Dunne was doing to announce the return of Roisin Ingle to the Irish times - correct me if I am wrong???

So anyway, Orla Barry has been moved from Monday to Friday mornings to Saturday morning radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Roisin has been off air a while. Claire McKeown was on for ages before Orla Barry moved onto that slot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

She used to wreck my head on newstalk and in the irish times (the once or twice i read her). Some guy used to do a great p1sstake of her articles here on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭nevey

Yes, she has been off for ages. The one who replaced her was no better or worse but the show itself is rubbish. Make-overs and fluff instead of interesting radio. I've been switching over to radio1 at that time for so long now that I can't even remember what the "something for the weekend" show replaced ... I just know I used to listen to it and enjoy it.
    I thought her return to the Irish times magazine column was heralded very peculiarly. She has her photo on the Irish Times cover page banner top right while somebody called Sarah Palin has an equally sized photo top left. Very odd.
    Then she opens her column with the words "My boyfriend .." (in bold) and proceeds to pick up where she left off. Appalling stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

She used to wreck my head on newstalk and in the irish times (the once or twice i read her). Some guy used to do a great p1sstake of her articles here on boards.

As bad as Roisin was (even with the false laugh), she was nowhere near as pain inducing as Claire Mc. She used to make my ears bleed.

The Phoenix magazine dubbed Ingle as the Irish Times Correspondent for Sugar & Spice and all Things Nice. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

Claire always sounds like she is talking down to people...very condescending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Some guy used to do a great p1sstake of her articles here on boards.

That sounds cool. Any chance of resurrecting them?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

That sounds cool. Any chance of resurrecting them?
    Roisin Bungle Blog.

How do these people get regular columns? Does she have nude pictures of Geraldine Kennedy doing something illegal with livestock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

Robbo wrote: »
    Roisin Bungle Blog.

How do these people get regular columns? Does she have nude pictures of Geraldine Kennedy doing something illegal with livestock?

Jesus Christ man, I've just eaten my dinner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

IMO orla barry is worse than all of them - its all about me me me when she is on, that and talking over everyone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭landmonster

robo wrote: »
    Claire always sounds like she is talking down to people...very condescending.

That's because she's a stuck up ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Ingle wasn't too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

nevey wrote: »
    Yes, she has been off for ages. The one who replaced her was no better or worse but the show itself is rubbish. Make-overs and fluff instead of interesting radio. I've been switching over to radio1 at that time for so long now that I can't even remember what the "something for the weekend" show replaced ... I just know I used to listen to it and enjoy it.
    I thought her return to the Irish times magazine column was heralded very peculiarly. She has her photo on the Irish Times cover page banner top right while somebody called Sarah Palin has an equally sized photo top left. Very odd.
    Then she opens her column with the words "My boyfriend .." (in bold) and proceeds to pick up where she left off. Appalling stuff.

As far as I can recall, Roisin Ingle has recently returned to Newstalk after her long absence, and it does seem that Clare McKeown has gone. Roisin used to have a regular slot in the Irish Times weekend supplement, and is now back again there too.

On a sidenote, I really hope you were joking when you say "somebody called Sarah Palin" - Republican John McCain's rather attractive running mate in the US Presidency race.

I think the "Weekend Blend" - that's certainly what the show used to be called originally when Roisin first and then Clare presented it - is a very lightweight type programme, with a bit of music thrown in. It appears to be similar in content, from what people said on these boards anyway, to the Tom Dunne show.

In fact, given the kind of articles that Roisin Ingle writes, I would have thought that this type of programme suits her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 NME

That blog seems to have been really nasty...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭nevey

On a sidenote, I really hope you were joking when you say "somebody called Sarah Palin" - Republican John McCain's rather attractive running mate in the US Presidency race.
    You're joking right? Why would I have mentioned the juxtaposition of Ingle, a lightweight journalist of no discernable talent, with Palin, someone who could potentially soon be president of the US, if I didn't know who she was??:confused: I found it truly weird that the Irish Times gave them a shared equal top billing. I agree with Robbo - she must have some dirt on someone.
    In fact, given the kind of articles that Roisin Ingle writes, I would have thought that this type of programme suits her.
    Yes, lightweight, braindead radio suits her very well indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Magpie banned? It doesn't say banned under his username. Same with Bubbles...

Anyway, Roisin Ingle's column is horribly self-obsessed and "I'm such a girlie, I'd still have pyjama parties now with all my friends, even though I'm in my 30s". On air though, not as bad as Orla Barry.

Advertisement