Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting but not dying.

• 14-09-2008 9:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Playing COD4 online this week for the first time.

I shoot first and die first why is this. Also I seem to put bullets into guys and they dont die.

Is it something got to do with BB speed.

Am sure am hitting them square on chest and head.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

kluivert wrote: »
    Playing COD4 online this week for the first time.

I shoot first and die first why is this. Also I seem to put bullets into guys and they dont die.

Is it something got to do with BB speed.

Am sure am hitting them square on chest and head.

Depends, are you sure you're actually shooting first? Sometimes if the other player is using a silencer it can seem like the got you immediately, when the reality is they they've been firing for a few secs.

More than likely, the issue is with the class of weapon you're using. For example, go into close quarters with an assault rifle and come up against somebody who's anyway competent wielding a submachine gun or shotgun and you're dead. They can accurately get far more rounds off than you in the same time. You have to tailor your game to the weapon you're using.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

More than likely he has a better ping than you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭Leadership

Sounds like a combo of the opponent of having a better weapon and having body armor. Plus he will be likely be getting you with a head shot, you should get some idea by watching the kill after.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

aim :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

KamiKazi wrote: »

What is better ping - sorry I am technically minded.

I like using the M16 rifle for most games with the red spot aim.

Funny enough at a distance I am hitting guys its close ups am losing.

I watch the replays instead of resprawning straight, I am leaving myself open alot for easy kills but I dont know the maps that well yet.

Call of Duty 4 is definitely my favourite game so it looks like practice practice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

What is better ping - sorry I am technically minded.

I like using the M16 rifle for most games with the red spot aim.

Funny enough at a distance I am hitting guys its close ups am losing.

I watch the replays instead of resprawning straight, I am leaving myself open alot for easy kills but I dont know the maps that well yet.

Call of Duty 4 is definitely my favourite game so it looks like practice practice.

No wonder you are losing the close quarter confrontations.
    You should pick up rapid fire guns like the AK-47 and MP5 for close range attacks and use the M16 for long range kills.

Thanks guys

Going to change one of my classes to AK 47 then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

Thanks guys

Going to change one of my classes to AK 47 then.

I'll play wit you online right now if you want.What is your tag?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

also are you playing on a non hardcore server? i shot a dude at close quarters in the head and it took 2-3 bullets to kill him lol, when i say close i snuck up behind him and knelt down and aimed it at the back of his head, if you play on HC servers usually only takes 1 bullet from most guns at a close to medium range

GA361 wrote: »
    I'll play wit you online right now if you want.What is your tag?

Tag is Kluivert007

Not online ill this evening at some stage, have to share the tv haha

Thanks for the tips lads.

Ill put them into practice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

kluivert wrote:
    I love it when some guy shoots me in the back and I turn and drop him flat.
    While it's easy to blame your connection it's most likely a combination of things.
    First off, the M16 in cod4 is terrible as it's not fully automatic, i.e. it fires in 3 rounds bursts. I recommend the M4 when you unlock it but pick something automatic anyway.
    Secondly, you may be getting more bullets out but the other guy is most likely making his shots count, i.e. getting them on target. Will just take practice to get that down.
    Thirdly, if you're in each others faces the knife always wins. Just bind it to something easy to get to like a spare mouse button.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Using nothing but an mp5 if you're competent you can dominate the match. Especially if its crossfire :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Using the M14 assault rifle -single shot but extremely powerful and accurate.
    Perk 2 is overkill so I also carry Silenced P90-50 bullets for mayhem :D
    Perk 1 is Claymores/3xFrags
    Perk 3 is Dead Silence..this perk alone is worth a 10 kill lead in that the enemy never hears you coming unless you jump off a building.

So this mix covers for me for both far & near targets.
    The M16 is a great gun but you need a good backup gun for close encounters...and nothing beats a pistol for up close but the shottie..
    I played on 1 server using just the pistol (ump45 or something) and had 42 kills close range before I knew it..at least 20 ahead of 2nd place. And besides it's more fun using the pistolo :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

I don't see why everyone is ragging on the M-16. It's only downfall is if you like to shoot from the hip then an automatic weapon is preferred.

rizzla wrote: »
    I don't see why everyone is ragging on the M-16. It's only downfall is if you like to shoot from the hip then an automatic weapon is preferred.

Only started using the m16 last month; now along with the m40 and p90 it's become one of my three main weapons. It's a fantastic weapon when coupled with stopping power and deep penetration.... guy sniping from behind cover, no problem. Just know the it's limits. Maps like strike and pipeline are ideally suited to it, however I couldn't think of a worse weapon for wetwork or vacant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

m16 plus stopping power dominates at all ranges.

But if you're hitting them and they're not dying use stopping power.
    Seeming how you're on xbox ping is the connection bar to the right of your name in the score board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

P90 ftw :)

Personal favourite.... AK47u, iron sights, double tap, silenced.

I have now switched around,

M16 with Red dot scope
    Deep Penetration
    Deep Impact

I think thats what they re called.

I seem to be taking out people quicker and starting to learn to shoot through light walls in certain levels.

M16 with Red dot scope
    Deep Penetration
    Deep Impact

I seem to be taking out people quicker and starting to learn to shoot through light walls in certain levels.

It's a great setup and it'll go through nearly everything. Just keep your engadgments to medium or long range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Andyfbt

I have seen sometimes in the past if my connection is not operating at 100% capicity it looks on my screen i am sitting them right in the head and chest, sometimes for a few seconds but then they kill me. On their kill cam it shows my bullets missing them. It's very annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

M16 with Red dot scope
    Deep Penetration
    Deep Impact

Desert Eagle as your side arm will be grand up close btw.

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Desert Eagle as your side arm will be grand up close btw.

It's a great finisher, but since that's only available after you reach level 43 it won't bother him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

P90 ftw :)

Personal favourite.... AK47u, iron sights, double tap, silenced.

+1

The recoil on that is brilliant. Almost straight up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭mac_attack

m16 plus stopping power dominates at all ranges.

But if you're hitting them and they're not dying use stopping power.
    Seeming how you're on xbox ping is the connection bar to the right of your name in the score board.

+1

Kills per game are averaging above 10 now which is great, and my deaths are starting to come down.

I had a 15 kill game once and half way through the host ended connection or something and that was the end of that.

Staying alive is the key to this game, which then allows you to call in the air strike and helicopter which gets all the kills.

When I get radar I sprint around the maps runnign up behind people and shooting them in the back most of time, then call in the air strike, go to the respawning place of enemy normally the other side of the plan and pick off a few there and then call in the helicopter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Andyfbt wrote: »
    I have seen sometimes in the past if my connection is not operating at 100% capicity it looks on my screen i am sitting them right in the head and chest, sometimes for a few seconds but then they kill me. On their kill cam it shows my bullets missing them. It's very annoying

I get that with a high ping connection. When I've a decent connection the game works as I'd expect. People with faster rigs, better connections definitely seem to have an advantage.

I can't usually hit anything with the sniper rifles, just too laggy. But some guys are unreal with a sniper rifle, get first shot kills all the time, even while they are running.

For me the M4 or a P90 are my most successful weapons.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

KamiKazi wrote: »

I just noticed from somebodies sig that they don't like me knifing them. :pac:

When I get radar I sprint around the maps runnign up behind people and shooting them in the back most of time, then call in the air strike, go to the respawning place of enemy normally the other side of the plan and pick off a few there and then call in the helicopter.

Considered very poor form and can get you booted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

The cool thing about CoD4 is that it has rolling spawn points so as enemies push forward you'll spawn in a different location. A nice feature that prevents spawn camping nubs ;)

• Advertisement

Considered very poor form and can get you booted.

Picked that up from a guide, I dont its fair either really.

CoD 4 is a great game, getting a bit bored of playing the same maps all the time. Have only ever played wetworks twice. Always seem to play countdown, i think thats what its called.

Advertisement