Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cirtoen saxo?

Options
  • 14-09-2008 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

im 18 and looking for a car.Ill hopefully pass my test in 5 weeks time:cool:.Does anyone have info on this car (1.0/1.1).Ive heard the pedals are close together.Is this a problem as im quite tall?What insurance will I be looking at @1800??
    thanks.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The only way to tell if the pedals are too close is to test drive one. Generally the Saxo is a good little car, I would also look at the Peugeot 106 too, it and the Saxo are the same car underneath.

Nobody here can give you a price on insurance as insurance is based on personal circumstances as well as the car. In other words what car would be cheap for me to insure may not be cheap for you. Your best bet is to get out the golden pages and start ring around various insurance companies for quotes, at 18 it is not going to be cheap though.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

I have one. It's great for a first car never needs oil, the engine is pretty good for its size.

The break pedals are close together but you'll get used to it after a week.

One thing to watch out for is the brakes. They fade really quickly and have to be replaced regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Had the VTS model when it came out. I'm 6 foot and found it grand for size.Ok there isn't acres of room in the cabin but enough for me. Yeah the pedals are close together but as said above you'll get used to them.IIRC the pedal box sits slighty to the left off centre. Only thing I every had to keep in mind about the pedals was footwear. If I had a big pair of work boots on I'd find my right foot rubbing on the wall beside the accelerator pedal a bit too much to feel comfortable with, but anything else on my feet I'd no problems. Go for that test drive to make sure.

Advertisement