Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a pressure washer

• 14-09-2008 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know when pressure washers are generally discounted i.e. the time of lowest demand?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Truck

Dont think theirs any real peak time with the sale of power washers..

Shop around and get a nice Karcher one :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,094 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Truck wrote: »
    Dont think theirs any real peak time with the sale of power washers..

Shop around and get a nice Karcher one :cool:

I was bought a Karcher that leaked like a sieve after a few months. It was then that I discovered, after a Google search, that they are regarded as crap, the general consensus being that Karcher's customer service is also crap.

It's another one of those household names that, once upon a time, you could rely on, but not any more. Their commercial stuff is still supposed to be good, however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I was bought a Karcher that leaked like a sieve after a few months. It was then that I discovered, after a Google search, that they are regarded as crap, the general consensus being that Karcher's customer service is also crap.

It's another one of those household names that, once upon a time, you could rely on, but not any more. Their commercial stuff is still supposed to be good, however.

I have a Karcher for the past 8 years. I wash 3 cars every weekend and do all the usual path cleaning etc. Never a days problem with any aspect of the macine. I'd certainly recommend them.

I have a Karcher for the past 8 years. I wash 3 cars every weekend and do all the usual path cleaning etc. Never a days problem with any aspect of the macine. I'd certainly recommend them.

I think that the domestic models introduced over the past couple of years have quality issues. I expected the one that I acquired to last a long time as well, but unfortunately it didn't. If I got one eight years ago, I'd probably also recommend them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I bought a Karcher 16 years ago for £750. I have done a lot of farm work with it apart from replacing seals and lance it has given no trouble. The one's that can be bought for €50-€100 are useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Yeah the cheaper ones are useless. If you send less than about 300 euro they dont tend to work very well or last very long.

Sam Kade wrote: »
    I bought a Karcher 16 years ago for £750. I have done a lot of farm work with it apart from replacing seals and lance it has given no trouble. The one's that can be bought for €50-€100 are useless.
    kmick wrote: »
    Yeah the cheaper ones are useless. If you send less than about 300 euro they dont tend to work very well or last very long.

I think these pretty much sum it up.

The one that I've now got in bits, after getting some spares, cost €250. There's an awful lot of plastic bits and pieces inside the plastic case.

I've also got one of those re-branded cheap washers that cost about €50 from Woodies (Power-Devil). The same models have a different brand-name on them depending on which store sells them. I saw one a couple of weeks ago in Tesco for €30! The only problem that I had with that one was a split hose (my fault dragging it round by the hose all the time, because I'm an idiot). The replacement hose would have cost more than I paid for the washer in the first place. That's why I decided to get a Karcher, to get away from all of the unidentifiable stuff from the far-east and have access to a multitude of spare parts.

Perhaps I should have got 5 Power-Devils instead of 1 Karcher. Even I wouldn't manage to destroy all of them in a lifetime.

The cheap one and the cheap Karcher both had a similar power output, despite the Karcher being in a bigger plastic case.

You can also buy adapters so that you can interchange attachments from various different makes. Unfortunately the main power hoses seem to have different sized connectors where they attach to the machines, so you can't swap these like you can swap attachments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Trx

Buy a Honda Petrol Power Washer and it will last you a Lifetime !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

Woodies have 25% off Karcher until next weekend. Go for one of the higher spec models. The 6080 is very good as everthing packs away into the machine. Its €399 down to €299.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Bargain Alerts Requests

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

homebase have them on sale at the moment i think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

If you take out tesco car insurance you get a free pressure washer, Dont know how good it is or if the offer is still out, seen it a few weeks back...

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭bindybandy

Vain wrote: »
    If you take out tesco car insurance you get a free pressure washer, Dont know how good it is or if the offer is still out, seen it a few weeks back...

Has anyone actually received their voucher yet for the washer? Bought my car insurance back in early Sept and so far nothing from them?

Advertisement