Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Take That Discussion Thread

• 14-09-2008 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hey ya'll!

I heard on Xposé during the week that Take That are playing in Croke Park in 2009.....Has anyone heard what month? I'm booking my holidays soon for next year and knowing my luck the concert will be on while I'm gone!

I rang Croke Park, they wouldn't tell me. Emailed Xposé, they could only confirm 2009 and Emailed the Take That fan club but they haven't got back to me yet.

Please, please help!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭MILF

So you like Take That then, do ya??? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Shaws

Amm, ya, they're ok NOT!!! They are the best in the whole universe!
    Knowing my luck, the concert'll be on the day I leave for my holidays.
    So, do you know anything about the concert?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I think both U2 and Take That want to play Croke Park Summer 2009 but nothing confirmed yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Yeah but usually with rumours like that there's some truth in it. Finger's crossed! U2 can feck off, give the 3 dates to Take That :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

Concerts in Croke Park normally take place in late May, June. Hope that helps.

• Advertisement

U2...Who????:p Feck them, they've had their time - move over!

Oh I'm meant to be going away in the middle of May for 2 weeks,:eek: fingers crossed!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Shaws wrote: »
    U2...Who????:p Feck them, they've had their time - move over!

Oh I'm meant to be going away in the middle of May for 2 weeks,:eek: fingers crossed!!

And Take That haven't...... :confused:

<snip>

Mod Edit: Xavi, there's no mentioning of the unmentionables at all. At all. Plus, we've checked, and so far it has nothing to do with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Xavi6 wrote: »
    And Take That haven't...... :confused:

<snip>

Mod Edit: Xavi, there's no mentioning of the unmentionables at all. At all. Plus, we've checked, and so far it has nothing to do with them.

U2 have played Croke Park, Take That haven't. And would sell it out just as easily as U2 would. U2 don't own the place, despite thinking they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭NAGGIE03

Oh I really hope Take That dont play croker!! Am a HUGE TT fan and i jus love when they play the point or odessey!Ya can get really close to the stage and have a good drool/cry/hyperventilation fit etc!;)
    Have been to three concerts in Croke park and the sound at each one of them has been brutal!! It not a good concert venue at all!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 nuttylaura

It looks certain today that Take That are going to play Croker next summer, we still don't know what date.

check out http://www.irishtakethatfans.com/news.html for the latest news:)

Its always great to meet other fans of the band, I am a huge fan of Take That and am thrilled they are going to tour here next year...while I'm not a huge fan of stadium gigs, I guess its better than not seeing them at all in Dublin like last tour...I think it will be megga!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 fabulais

I'm pretty sure there's some truth in it. Last year's tour was huge (saw them at the Odyssey & London's 02) and they haven't toured this yer, so surely a tour is due. Whether it's a stadium gig or an arena gig I'll be there :D

fabulais wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure there's some truth in it. Last year's tour was huge (saw them at the Odyssey & London's 02) and they haven't toured this yer, so surely a tour is due. Whether it's a stadium gig or an arena gig I'll be there :D

Thats brill, I was at those gigs too...went to all the Odyssey gigs and was lucky enough to be at the O2 London on Dec 5th when they filmed their live DVD...what a tour it was...can't wait for even more:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 angrycommuter80

It was confirmed on TV3 yesterday morning on the news that they were playing croke park in summer 09. Id keep an eye on ticketmaster for details. I cant wait for this concert!!!!

It was confirmed on TV3 yesterday morning on the news that they were playing croke park in summer 09. Id keep an eye on ticketmaster for details. I cant wait for this concert!!!!

That was exciting alright yesterday to read on TV3, the Irish Mirror also featured an article saying they were playing Croker...there is no official confirmation from the Take That camp yet, but I think it will be soon announced...there's the Christmas ticket market to think of:D Take That are bringing out their new single in Novemeber so its exciting times ahead;)

Woo hoo! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hdunne

i'd say they'll play the new O2 (aka the point) there better gig last year was in the point and they found it hard to sell out rds coz its not a great venue. They would be brilliant in the new o2, fingers crossed!!

I was rather hoping they would play the O2 too, but the article in the paper and sources who tell me what I know imply it will be an all stadium tour this time,:rolleyes: I was concerned too that back in 2006 they struggled to sell the RDS how they would see Croke Park, however they did sell 5 nights at the Odyssey last October and have not been to Dublin since 2006 so fingers crossed it would sell well and fast..I think they appeal to a larger audience now since the release of their comeback album and hopefully the new album will bring continued success too..:) Either way, looking forward to an announcement...

The Afternoon show mentioned it today too..so the media is buzzing with talk of it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭GeturGun

Oh I hope it happens. Saw them in the Odyssey as well last yr and the Point in 2006, I would prefer the 02 as well, I think their stage show might be lost in the size of Croker. (although if it means more tickets up for grabs...all the better)
    :D

GeturGun wrote: »
    Oh I hope it happens. Saw them in the Odyssey as well last yr and the Point in 2006, I would prefer the 02 as well, I think their stage show might be lost in the size of Croker. (although if it means more tickets up for grabs...all the better)
    :D

You know what would be nice is a mix of arena/stadiums but with regard to Ireland if they sold both, I fear people would not buy Croker tickers..anyway like you said, all the more tickets for Croker if they conker it!!!:D

OMG I'm so excited about this!!!! Keep up the good work, oh we could write a strongly worded letter to them and beg them to play the O2! I hope it's on before I go on holidays. Do you think they'll play Ireland first or last, or in the middle?

• Advertisement

Won't know til they announce it

OMG I'm so excited about this!!!! Keep up the good work, oh we could write a strongly worded letter to them and beg them to play the O2! I hope it's on before I go on holidays. Do you think they'll play Ireland first or last, or in the middle?

Well to be honest if they are doing a DVD recording from Ireland of the gig as the article stated, it won't be the first gig otherwise as May May says, we won't know until its actually announced...while its really exciting that there will be another tour, don't forget that there is a single and album to come first...it will be great...:Dwoo hoo;)

Well if there playing croker id imagine itd be round may/june time of year! Thats usually the time they can get the go ahead for gigs there i think!!
    Would love to see them in the O2 as well!! Be jus brill!

nuttylaura wrote: »
    Well to be honest if they are doing a DVD recording from Ireland of the gig as the article stated, it won't be the first gig otherwise as May May says, we won't know until its actually announced...while its really exciting that there will be another tour, don't forget that there is a single and album to come first...it will be great...:Dwoo hoo;)

Did I hear that the new single is due for release in Nov! New album for xmas hopefully!!

NAGGIE03 wrote: »
    Did I hear that the new single is due for release in Nov! New album for xmas hopefully!!

you did hear....:D Take That are finishing up in LA as we speak and have put the finishing touches to the album there with John Shanks...The single will be definatley November and I'm sure album shortly after...:cool:

Oh happy days!! Praise the lord!! Hope Jason gets another shot at lead vocals!! I jus love love Wooden boat!

NuttyLaura, how do you know all this wonderful news? please share your sources????:p

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭GeturGun

NuttyLaura, how do you know all this wonderful news? please share your sources????:p

.....and pleeease post here as soon as you know anything about venues, tickets etc etc!!!!!
    :D:D:D

This news just in!

http://www.heatworld.com/Article/7551/Take+That/Take+That+meet+up+with+Robbie+in+LA!

Would you like to see Robbie back with da lads!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Kinda OT
    Peter Kay, 35, and Take That pal Gary Barlow, 37, will do battle with the X Factor winner in the race for the Christmas No1.

They’re releasing a spoof single from Kay’s show Britain’s Got The Pop Factor, which takes the mick out of TV talent shows.

But music guru Pete Waterman, 61, who appears in the show, said: “I think Peter would be pleased just to make the top three.”

Im pleased to say I am their biggest fan:D *runs*

I run the Irish Website with another fan...www.irishtakethatfans.com and also know the band ( not as well as I'd like obviously:cool:) and other fans all over the world..

The first play of Take That's new single will be on Monday 13th October at 815 am on bbc radio 1. Gary Barlow will announce it himself...for more news and gossip pop to our forum at http://www.irishtakethatfans.com/forum/index.php

Maybe mods could rename this thread the Take That discussion thread????

Im pleased to say I am their biggest fan:D *runs*

I run the Irish Website with another fan...www.irishtakethatfans.com and also know the band ( not as well as I'd like obviously:cool:) and other fans all over the world..

The first play of Take That's new single will be on Monday 13th October at 815 am on bbc radio 1. Gary Barlow will announce it himself...for more news and gossip pop to our forum at http://www.irishtakethatfans.com/forum/index.php

Maybe mods could rename this thread the Take That discussion thread????

Hi! Pleased to meet you!! Im ur new best friend!! Haha!!;)

+1 on the TT discussion thread!

Hi Naggie, pleased to have you as a pal!!! I think you might have other motives...:D So who's your favourite and how long have you been a fan etc?:rolleyes:

Been a fan since 'It Only Takes A Minute/I Found Heaven'!
    Remember gettin so jealous when some girl on Jim'll Fix It got to be in the 'Could It Be Magic' Video! It shoulda been me!!;)

Been to all their Irish gigs since back in da day! Was so annoyed they couldnt get permission to do their Beatles medley with the drop down stage at the Corn Pops tour in 94! (I was sitting right at da back!:() The shows just keep on getting better and better!

Lil' Markie has always beem my fav!;)

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh you qualify.....:D

Thats about the same length of time I've been a fan...you will fit in well on the forum over there, why not come over and post there too...we are slowly finding a few more Irish as we go along...woo hoo!

Did you go to Belfast last year?

• Advertisement

Hold up Nuttylaura!....Do you actually know the band? OMG OMG OMG! I was on the website after you put it up on here, I think it's brilliant! Can I be another new best friend too, pretty please?????

I wasn't allowed go to the concerts when I was younger, but I used to spend all my pocket money on the magazines, big, smash hits, just 17, my room was completely covered in posters and I went to Irish College one summer and when I came back my parents had taken down all the posters and painted the walls WHITE! you can just imaigine my horror!

Take That discussion group thread sounds cool and the gang to me.

Hold up Nuttylaura!....Do you actually know the band? OMG OMG OMG! I was on the website after you put it up on here, I think it's brilliant! Can I be another new best friend too, pretty please?????

Take That discussion group thread sounds cool and the gang to me.

Yes I think this should be a Take That thread now..so we can all chat...glad you liked our site, its taking shape now and we are finding lots of Irish fans as time goes on...I don't know them anything like as well as you might imagine Shaws...but you can still be my friend:D

:DYipppeeee! We'll be BBF's! Did you get to listen to the song this morning? I missed cos I'm was on my way to work, RAGING!!!! Do you where I could listen to it now??:confused:

Sure hon, if you click on http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chrismoyles/ this link you can listen again...why don't you join our forum for all the news and gossip:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Right, I'll change the thread titles but I don't want so much as another mention of nuttylaura's site. If I was in a bad mood, I might assume you'd signed up just to promote your site, and that's not allowed here. Right now, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt but I don't want even a reference to the site from anyone, not saying it's good, not suggesting someone join, nothing. You can discuss it via PM if you need.

• Advertisement

No problem Faith...wont mention it publicly again. Glad you were in a good mood, but I didnt just join to promote it..its was one of the top google searches relating to Take That and Croke Park so that's how I found you all...can totally see your point regarding promoting it...so message understood;)

News just in re Take That that they are refusing to change the name of their forthcoming LP - even though it shares the same title of BRITNEY SPEARS' new album. The band's fifth record, The Circus, is due out on 1 December (08) - just one day before Spears releases her sixth album of the same name on her 27th birthday.

Liking the new single! Very upbeat :D

MayMay - I think you will have to take that link down, I know we're all really excited about the new song, and everyone wants to be able to listen to it as much as they can until it is officially released and we can all actually buy a copy ourselves, but because this song has not been officially released, links to downloads and detailing the complete lyrics is actually a breach of copyright. This includes links to YouTube. Gary even pleaded on the Chris Moyles show yesterday that people would not illegally download it etc...

MayMay - I think you will have to take that link down, I know we're all really excited about the new song, and everyone wants to be able to listen to it as much as they can until it is officially released and we can all actually buy a copy ourselves, but because this song has not been officially released, links to downloads and detailing the complete lyrics is actually a breach of copyright. This includes links to YouTube. Gary even pleaded on the Chris Moyles show yesterday that people would not illegally download it etc...

Why did he plead? Because he doesn't have enough money already?! (By the way I am a Take That fan) And I don't think it's illegal to put that up. If it's been on The Chris Moyles show I don't see why a You Tube link to it can't be put up here.

It seems that if there is any breach of copyright issues, then it's youtube's problem, not ours. There's no reason to remove it here, but you could report the video itself to youtube.

Clare Bear wrote: »
    And I don't think it's illegal to put that up. If it's been on The Chris Moyles show I don't see why a You Tube link to it can't be put up here.

well because this song has not been officially released, links to downloads and detailing the complete lyrics is actually a breach of copyright. This includes links to YouTube. Distributing this throughout the internet weakens the value of the intellectual property and also means that people (not necessarily loyal fans like ourselves) may be inclined not to buy the single when it is eventually released. I am only thinking in that respect.:) If boards.ie are happy for it to be here then so be it...I'd much prefer to be talking about what you all think of the single than copyright ....;)

OMG EVERYONE!!!
    One of the girls I work with knows the editor of one the Sunday papers, and I got her to ask him, did he know anything about the tour, aaaannnndddd he has a contact in <snip> who he asked about the tour, but he didn't know anything really just that Take That haven't released any of their Irish Dates...but we all know that, right? So anyway one of the journalists who works in the paper, is going to interview (drum rollllllll) MARK OWEN (omg) next week and he's gonna ask him when they're playing in Ireland. So now! ;)

Shaws, please read the warning at the top of the forum about the company of whom there is to be absolutely no mention of.

:cool:Id love to interview Mark Owen...:D Lucky Lady....

Take That are going to officially announce the tour dates on the Chris Moyles show on BBC Radio One in a couple of weeks, so other that finding out that the tour is next year etc..I'm not sure how much info she will get from him..but it will be great to see an Irish Interivew...:cool:

Take That will feature on GMTV this Tuesday and their new video for Greatest Day will be shown on Wednesday morning....:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement