Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take That Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 nuttylaura

Shaws wrote: »
    NuttyLaura, how do you know all this wonderful news? please share your sources????:p
    Im pleased to say I am their biggest fan:D *runs*

I run the Irish Website with another fan...www.irishtakethatfans.com and also know the band ( not as well as I'd like obviously:cool:) and other fans all over the world..

The first play of Take That's new single will be on Monday 13th October at 815 am on bbc radio 1. Gary Barlow will announce it himself...for more news and gossip pop to our forum at http://www.irishtakethatfans.com/forum/index.php

Maybe mods could rename this thread the Take That discussion thread????

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭NAGGIE03

nuttylaura wrote: »
    Im pleased to say I am their biggest fan:D *runs*

I run the Irish Website with another fan...www.irishtakethatfans.com and also know the band ( not as well as I'd like obviously:cool:) and other fans all over the world..

The first play of Take That's new single will be on Monday 13th October at 815 am on bbc radio 1. Gary Barlow will announce it himself...for more news and gossip pop to our forum at http://www.irishtakethatfans.com/forum/index.php

Maybe mods could rename this thread the Take That discussion thread????

Hi! Pleased to meet you!! Im ur new best friend!! Haha!!;)

+1 on the TT discussion thread!

Hi Naggie, pleased to have you as a pal!!! I think you might have other motives...:D So who's your favourite and how long have you been a fan etc?:rolleyes:

Been a fan since 'It Only Takes A Minute/I Found Heaven'!
    Remember gettin so jealous when some girl on Jim'll Fix It got to be in the 'Could It Be Magic' Video! It shoulda been me!!;)

Been to all their Irish gigs since back in da day! Was so annoyed they couldnt get permission to do their Beatles medley with the drop down stage at the Corn Pops tour in 94! (I was sitting right at da back!:() The shows just keep on getting better and better!

Lil' Markie has always beem my fav!;)

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh you qualify.....:D

Thats about the same length of time I've been a fan...you will fit in well on the forum over there, why not come over and post there too...we are slowly finding a few more Irish as we go along...woo hoo!

Did you go to Belfast last year?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Shaws

Hold up Nuttylaura!....Do you actually know the band? OMG OMG OMG! I was on the website after you put it up on here, I think it's brilliant! Can I be another new best friend too, pretty please?????

I wasn't allowed go to the concerts when I was younger, but I used to spend all my pocket money on the magazines, big, smash hits, just 17, my room was completely covered in posters and I went to Irish College one summer and when I came back my parents had taken down all the posters and painted the walls WHITE! you can just imaigine my horror!

Take That discussion group thread sounds cool and the gang to me.

Shaws wrote: »
    Hold up Nuttylaura!....Do you actually know the band? OMG OMG OMG! I was on the website after you put it up on here, I think it's brilliant! Can I be another new best friend too, pretty please?????

Take That discussion group thread sounds cool and the gang to me.

Yes I think this should be a Take That thread now..so we can all chat...glad you liked our site, its taking shape now and we are finding lots of Irish fans as time goes on...I don't know them anything like as well as you might imagine Shaws...but you can still be my friend:D

:DYipppeeee! We'll be BBF's! Did you get to listen to the song this morning? I missed cos I'm was on my way to work, RAGING!!!! Do you where I could listen to it now??:confused:

Sure hon, if you click on http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chrismoyles/ this link you can listen again...why don't you join our forum for all the news and gossip:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Right, I'll change the thread titles but I don't want so much as another mention of nuttylaura's site. If I was in a bad mood, I might assume you'd signed up just to promote your site, and that's not allowed here. Right now, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt but I don't want even a reference to the site from anyone, not saying it's good, not suggesting someone join, nothing. You can discuss it via PM if you need.

• Advertisement

No problem Faith...wont mention it publicly again. Glad you were in a good mood, but I didnt just join to promote it..its was one of the top google searches relating to Take That and Croke Park so that's how I found you all...can totally see your point regarding promoting it...so message understood;)

News just in re Take That that they are refusing to change the name of their forthcoming LP - even though it shares the same title of BRITNEY SPEARS' new album. The band's fifth record, The Circus, is due out on 1 December (08) - just one day before Spears releases her sixth album of the same name on her 27th birthday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Liking the new single! Very upbeat :D

MayMay - I think you will have to take that link down, I know we're all really excited about the new song, and everyone wants to be able to listen to it as much as they can until it is officially released and we can all actually buy a copy ourselves, but because this song has not been officially released, links to downloads and detailing the complete lyrics is actually a breach of copyright. This includes links to YouTube. Gary even pleaded on the Chris Moyles show yesterday that people would not illegally download it etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

MayMay - I think you will have to take that link down, I know we're all really excited about the new song, and everyone wants to be able to listen to it as much as they can until it is officially released and we can all actually buy a copy ourselves, but because this song has not been officially released, links to downloads and detailing the complete lyrics is actually a breach of copyright. This includes links to YouTube. Gary even pleaded on the Chris Moyles show yesterday that people would not illegally download it etc...

Why did he plead? Because he doesn't have enough money already?! (By the way I am a Take That fan) And I don't think it's illegal to put that up. If it's been on The Chris Moyles show I don't see why a You Tube link to it can't be put up here.

It seems that if there is any breach of copyright issues, then it's youtube's problem, not ours. There's no reason to remove it here, but you could report the video itself to youtube.

Clare Bear wrote: »
    And I don't think it's illegal to put that up. If it's been on The Chris Moyles show I don't see why a You Tube link to it can't be put up here.

well because this song has not been officially released, links to downloads and detailing the complete lyrics is actually a breach of copyright. This includes links to YouTube. Distributing this throughout the internet weakens the value of the intellectual property and also means that people (not necessarily loyal fans like ourselves) may be inclined not to buy the single when it is eventually released. I am only thinking in that respect.:) If boards.ie are happy for it to be here then so be it...I'd much prefer to be talking about what you all think of the single than copyright ....;)

OMG EVERYONE!!!
    One of the girls I work with knows the editor of one the Sunday papers, and I got her to ask him, did he know anything about the tour, aaaannnndddd he has a contact in <snip> who he asked about the tour, but he didn't know anything really just that Take That haven't released any of their Irish Dates...but we all know that, right? So anyway one of the journalists who works in the paper, is going to interview (drum rollllllll) MARK OWEN (omg) next week and he's gonna ask him when they're playing in Ireland. So now! ;)

Shaws, please read the warning at the top of the forum about the company of whom there is to be absolutely no mention of.

:cool:Id love to interview Mark Owen...:D Lucky Lady....

Take That are going to officially announce the tour dates on the Chris Moyles show on BBC Radio One in a couple of weeks, so other that finding out that the tour is next year etc..I'm not sure how much info she will get from him..but it will be great to see an Irish Interivew...:cool:

Take That will feature on GMTV this Tuesday and their new video for Greatest Day will be shown on Wednesday morning....:D

• Advertisement

The world premiere of 'Greatest Day' will be shown on GMTV tomorrow morning between 8 and 830...cant wait:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

MayMay wrote: »
    U2 have played Croke Park, Take That haven't. And would sell it out just as easily as U2 would. U2 don't own the place, despite thinking they do.

Are you serious?! I laughed at that post :pac:

cork*girl wrote: »
    Are you serious?! I laughed at that post :pac:

Well, lets just see what happens on Novemebr 6th...I forsee a sell out!:D

Everyone,
    I don't think I'll be able to go to any of the concerts :( cos I'm meant to be going travelling in May aggggrrrrrhhhhhhhh what am I going to do???? :confused:

The girl I'm going with doesn't understand the importance of this tour, she said "it won't be the last one"....like whatever!!! It could be their last one cos remember Howard broke his ribs and it was if-y enough them doing this one......Oh I'm raging :mad: HELP!!!

Well, lets just see what happens on Novemebr 6th...I forsee a sell out!:D

+1!

Where you going travelling Shaws! You never know you could be lucky enough to see them in another country! I would imagine these dates will extend over Europe and possibly Asia and OZ! Now that would be something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Any of ye know what Gary and Mark said on the Ian Dempsey Show on Today FM this morning? I got a text to say they were on but was too late when I turned on the radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

<snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

No details of the unmentionables and any gigs they may or may not have on, hence the snipping.

The Take that concert has been confirmed as an MCD event so there is to be no more discussion of the event from now on. By all mean discuss take that (who are awesome) but not tht gig. Please read the sticky at the top of the forum if you are unaware of the rule relating to mcd events.

Any further mention in the event will mean an infraction or ban.

Thanks.

Advertisement