Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you be against a country forum?

Options
  • 14-09-2008 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

Well,what would yee think of having a country forum for all us yokels:D out there?

I myself am a great fan of artists such as Willie Nelson,Waylon Jennings and so on.Is there any other country fans out there?

What would you think of a country forum? 47 votes

In favour
    0% 0 votes
    Against
    61% 29 votes
    It doesn't bother me
    38% 18 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

I wouldn't be against the existence of said forum, but I would fight to the death to prevent its creation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

country-church1.jpg

Mike

I think it is about time a mod approved of this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

i wouldnt mind, wouldnt really bother me.
    At least then Mike Denver wouldnt have to try so hard to get into the rock/metal fourm
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzgygOWCHMk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

As long as it's not Country and Irish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

wouldnt mind a Country Forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

GA361 wrote: »
    I think it is about time a mod approved of this forum.

Mods don't approve forums. Admins do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Seriously, who would be so petty to be "against" a country forum?

What has country music ever done to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Phlann wrote: »
    I wouldn't be against the existence of said forum, but I would fight to the death to prevent its creation.

:confused::confused:

I am not a country music fan (especially Irish country music :rolleyes: ) but dont see why it should not have it's own forum if there's enough interest.

After all, if you dont like it then dont click on "Country Music Forum".

Simple as that IMO. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

If two or more (or some arbitrary number that the admins have decided on) people wish to discuss a topic, then that's enough to warrant a forum. As with all genres of music, there are worthy members of that genre and there are members who, debatably, should be excluded from the term 'music' altogether. *cough*Garth Brooks*cough*

Anyone who is against a country music forum simply because they don't care for the genre is a bigot. There are, of course, other reasons to be 'against' the creation of a country forum. Where does the creation of genre-specific music forums end? It seems like there's a new music genre created every other week. Country music is a mainstay, though, and has been with us (like it of loathe it) for a very long time.

I'm for it, but only if there's no talk about Garth Brooks. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Considering alternative country is one of the best and most consistent genres in music and the term indie just is pretty much obsolete and any of said "indie" bands (also known as NME's flavour of the week) I'd be in favour of dropping the indie and lashing in country. The last indie thing discused here was how the Thing things ripped of mickey whereas the alternative country prescence is blatently obvious from the previous albums of the week. Neil Young, Wilco, Ryan Adams, Bright Eyes etc. Country belongs here

Thanks for all the support.Could some of the mods who replied here,apply for a country forum?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,317 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Anyone can ask for a forum to be created, you don't have to be a mod. Start a thread here, and if you want to drum up some support put a link to the thread in your sig.

Will do,hope i have all yeer support.

It would be great if you guys could give support on the following thread-
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055381897

I'm very surprised there are so many "against" setting up this forum. As I said earlier I dont like country music, but that should n't mean that others should not have a "Country" forum if they so wish.

Perhaps some of you "against" people would like to give your reasons (not that you have to of course :) ). It's just that I cant understand why you would think this way. :confused::confused::confused:

As I also said earlier, if you dont like it dont click on it. No harm done. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Personally, I loathe country music but I don't see why those who like it can't have a forum to discuss it. So I voted yes.

The range of music in the Music category is narrow anyway. I'm one of those people who would like to see a Classic Rock forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

There's some superb country music and country influenced stuff but there is also some really awful, redneck stuff. Meh, what harm if both are discussed though. I wouldn't be against the forum at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 MR_BAB

Im a huge fan of country music. But unfortantely when they have the like of daniell o donnell, declan nearney, big tom etc etc being called country music i dont blame anyone for hating it. Id love a country music forum, id also like to hear 'real' decent country music being played on the radio stations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,942 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It wouldn't bother me at all, I'd take a look at it on the frequent occassion.

I like me a bit of Willie Nelson and Hank Williams.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

If its proper Country then no. If it's the inbred freakshow that is Sandie Kelly/Declan Nerney, that you can feck right off.

If its proper Country then no. If it's the inbred freakshow that is Sandie Kelly/Declan Nerney, that you can feck right off.

If enough people want any particular type of forum, then I dont see why not. :confused:

You dont have to visit it if it's not your cup of tea. What's the problem ??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭davylee

country music is so broad, i'd imagine there's not a person here who doesn't like at least one country song.
    youve got the eagles, travelling wilberries, johnny cash, bellamy brothers
    there is some fantastic country music out there
    i think the country forum would be a good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

There should definitely be an 'Alt-Country/Americana' forum and probably a 'Country' forum too, but they should be kept separate. I can't see any logic discussing Garth Brooks with Lampchop or Howe Gelb in the same forum, as they're a million miles away from each other. Traditional country music should be kept separate.

<Ollie> wrote: »
    There should definitely be an 'Alt-Country/Americana' forum and probably a 'Country' forum too, but they should be kept separate. I can't see any logic discussing Garth Brooks with Lampchop or Howe Gelb in the same forum, as they're a million miles away from each other. Traditional country music should be kept separate.

I dont think this is practical. There are a lot of music forums as it is. Sub dividing a country forum into two or three, would not be the way to go IMO. "Jazz" is as widely varied as "Country" (there are lots of artists under the "Jazz" umbrella that are light years different) and it has just one forum. Any knowledgeable person should know from a thread title, if it is of interest to him or her.

I'll say it once more in this thread .... if a thread does not interest you, then dont click on it ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

I voted Yes and think it might be a good idea to include Bluegrass and Rockabilly in the same forum as a few of the artists being discussed will cross over the genres.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Rigsby wrote: »
    I dont think this is practical. There are a lot of music forums as it is. Sub dividing a country forum into two or three, would not be the way to go IMO. "Jazz" is as widely varied as "Country" (there are lots of artists under the "Jazz" umbrella that are light years different) and it has just one forum. Any knowledgeable person should know from a thread title, if it is of interest to him or her.

I'll say it once more in this thread .... if a thread does not interest you, then dont click on it ;)

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]Fair enough. It just wouldn't feel right (for me) starting a new thread on Calexico or Ryan Adams in a forum titled 'Country'. Just doesn't feel right.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Rigsby wrote: »
    I'm very surprised there are so many "against" setting up this forum. As I said earlier I dont like country music, but that should n't mean that others should not have a "Country" forum if they so wish.

Perhaps some of you "against" people would like to give your reasons (not that you have to of course :) ). It's just that I cant understand why you would think this way. :confused::confused::confused:

As I also said earlier, if you dont like it dont click on it. No harm done. :D
    To be honest, the "-1"s posted on such threads tend to get ignored by the admins. Far more interest in the number of people who support it and say they'll use it. I wouldn't worry about the againsts. For anyone who really wants this, I would worry that you don't have many fors. But interest may up itself a bit, it's happened before.

(I post the above entirely in my private non-admin capacity. Like I usually do:))

• Advertisement

<Ollie> wrote: »
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT]Fair enough. It just wouldn't feel right (for me) starting a new thread on Calexico or Ryan Adams in a forum titled 'Country'. Just doesn't feel right.

It's just a forum for goodness sake :D "Feelings" have nothing to do with anything. :rolleyes:

Advertisement