Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cash Advances

Options
  • 14-09-2008 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Got a cash advance on my credit card last night (...oops), what's the story with that? what are the fees gonna be like? do I need to pay it off right away or can I wait until my statement arrives? BoI mastercard if that matters.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

as far as i know, interest starts accumulation immediately on cash advances, and any payment you do make will go towards paying off other stuff, leaving the cash advance as last to be paid.
    if you have the funds, i''d suggest paying whatever is outstanding on your card now, rather than waiting for yuor bill, to avoid hefty interest charges

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

If your credit card is in credit, then there's no cash advance fee provided you withdrew 'your own' money. If you used your credit facility, then the fee is 1.25% of the amount you withdrew, minimum charge is €2.54.

AFAIK, interest starts accruing on cash advances straight away, so if you have the funds, pay off the credit card asap. Give credit card services a buzz on 1890 251 251 (press option 5) and and they'll be able to confirm it with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 nite11owl

Sam is right. the cash advance will possibly have the highest interest rate and is the lst to pay only way out now is to give them a ring get the ballance and est interest clear that and you should be just about sound. Interest on a cc is charged at a daily rate till the ballance is cleared in full so if you wait you will get more interest on your next statment.

Advertisement