Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclist Accident in Annamoe 14/09 @ 1.30pm

Options
  • 14-09-2008 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I was amongst a group of motorcyclists that stopped when a cyclist had a spill on the tight bend in Annamoe this afternoon at about 1.30pm, travelling away from Laragh. He was wearing a boards.ie top so guess he must be a user of this forum. He was up and moving about after a few minutes and said he was ok but was obviously shaken up. I just wanted to make sure he is ok, as he took a bit of a tumble when he went down. If you read this or if you know him, i'd appreciate it if you could let us know that he is ok.

The annoying thing for me was that we stopped and waited with him and the guy he was cycling with about 5 minutes. In all that time, not one car driver could be arsed to stop to see if he was ok.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

I don't know about this incident.

But I have to say its incredible nice of you to post, great to see caring ppl about.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭emty

Thanks Duzzie,that was me.Really appreciate you guys stopping.Took a bit of a hit,shattered my helmet but am just a bit bruised and a bit of a headache.Am quite lucky tbh.Was hoping the stupid tree would move before I hit it but it just stood there!:)
    Please say thanks to your friends,
    TWO WHEELS RULE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Duzzie

Glad to hear you are ok, I will pass on your message to the rest of the lads that were out with me.

Saw you helmet was broken when you hit the tree with your head, it probably saved you from a serious injury. I was at the front of the group of motorbikes as you came around the bend towards us. I saw you were in trouble as you had your leg out, looked like you were trying to get the knee down, motorcycle style. It looked like you were just gonna make it round the bend but you clipped the small wall and down you went. There had been a spot of rain so the road was very greasy, very easy to loose it in conditions like that.

Main thing is that you are ok and not seriously hurt. I was very disapointed to see that no one else could be bothered to see if you were ok.

Ride safe.

Duzzie

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Empty, I hope you are OK. Did you have a spill yesterday also?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

emty wrote: »
    Thanks Duzzie,that was me.Really appreciate you guys stopping.Took a bit of a hit,shattered my helmet but am just a bit bruised and a bit of a headache.Am quite lucky tbh.Was hoping the stupid tree would move before I hit it but it just stood there!:)
    Please say thanks to your friends,
    TWO WHEELS RULE!!

You need to take it easy mate, don't want you injured for your holiday :)

Glad you're ok though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Glad to hear you are OK emty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Crikey Emty, you're getting to be as bad as Blorg at this rate!
    Good to hear you're ok though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,390 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Good to hear your OK emty, that new road surface coming round the bend at the bottom of the hill is really greasy in wet conditions like this afternoon, is that where you had your spill?, glad to hear you were able to cycle away from it.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

This is just what I like about these message boards.

emty: glad you're ok.

Duzzie: + 1 on what 72hundred said.

(Also, it's a good example of the value of wearing a helmet.)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Hope you're on the mend Emty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

jayz emty that sounds like a close call, and a very lucky escape. hope you're all right and that you back on the bike soon.

Duzzie - fair play to ya, both for helping, and for posting. it's good to know that there are still good people out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

:( feel better soon ... holidays x2 ahead!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

Glad to hear you're ok Emty.

Had a spill myself Friday evening - came round a tight bend a touch too fast and the back wheel slipped out from under me. Did a bit of road surfing before sliding into the verge, got away with a nice line of road rash but fine apart from that...not quite a cracked helmet!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭'68 Fastback

It's great to see that even with the ever increasing number of out for themselves Ar$£hol£$ in the world, two wheeled comraderie is going strong.

Good man Empty. Hope youre ok. And well done to Duzzie and his mates for exhibiting the kind of attitude which would make city roads alot safer.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Good to see somebody stopped to help a fellow board's out, very bad form that no motorist stopped though

Advertisement