Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumping a dog

Options
  • 14-09-2008 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

I live in a rural area outside Caherconlish. A dog was dumped out of a van on Friday night near my house. A neighbour saw it happen and took the name off the side of the van. The dog followed me home from a walk yesterday morning and has been sitting outside my front door ever since. She is probably less than a year old, very frisky and has chewed a few toys in the garden. We fed her today because she hasn't eaten since the neighbour fed her on Friday and i'm going to take her to the pound tomorrow.
    My question is why in the name of Je**s would someone do this? I can understand a dog getting too big for a house or being too frisky for their kids etc but why not take it directly to the pound instead of dumping it at the side of the road in a rural area and risk it getting shot by a farmer, getting rained on, starving?
    I suppose Limerick Animal Welfare would be the people to contact.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

So it was a commercial van then?
    I wonder if they can be reported to anyone?

People who do this are scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

I'll give the name of the Animal Welfare people and ask them about reporting it. I definitely plan to report it to the powers that be.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭miami2007

god i cant believe someone could be so heartless. try to bring him to a shelter rather than a pound if you can. pounds destroy animals after a week or 2 but a shelter will actively try to rehome him.
    good on you for offering some care :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

Does anyone know the number of a shelter?
    LSPCA put me onto the pound and can't get the Animal Welfare crowd on the phone. The dog is still outside and I can't let the kids out cause he knocks them over. Don't want to run him cause it isn't his fault his owners are f***ers.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Name and Shame! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭~Thalia~

Crea wrote: »
    Does anyone know the number of a shelter?
    LSPCA put me onto the pound and can't get the Animal Welfare crowd on the phone. The dog is still outside and I can't let the kids out cause he knocks them over. Don't want to run him cause it isn't his fault his owners are f***ers.:(

This may be too late but if you are in Caherconlish you are only about 15 mins away from the Limerick Animal Welfare sanctuary in Kilfinane. Please look at www.limerickanimalwelfare.ie and use the number there, someone will answer.

If it was a commecial van I would call the number and complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

put up the name and number and we can all complain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

there is a lass living just outside caher that works full time with limerick animal welfare, p.m. me if you need any more details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭DJ Alex Black

disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

Report them to the ISPCA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 cnocluinge

Hi
    Has this dog been sorted. Please PM me if you need help.

Advertisement