Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Should I buy mates '99 Golf? Advice needed!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

This is interesting - I'm currently shopping around online for my first car and am considering a 98/99 Golf. My budget is €2,500 at a push... how much would you say people over-advertise their cars on carzone by. 10%?

(I know the 1.4L isn't the nippiest but they seem to be a nice looking, reliable car, and as this is my first insurance, which I'm paying for throughout my last year of college, I can't exactly go for the 2.0 GTI just yet!)

Far more half the time..

by Carzone I should be selling my clio at 3grand..

i'll be selling it for about 1500 or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

If it was a 99 GTi or GT TDI then yes it would be well worth 3500 (more) but for a bog standard 1.4 I'd say stay well away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

how much would you say people over-advertise their cars on carzone by. 10%?
    I don't know if you could actually make it a percentage. Personal expierence of cars being sold for 8k and under is that sellers generally add about €500 to what they're willing to accept. That way the buyer feels better for having a few quid knocked off, and the seller is getting what they originally wanted too.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭PaddyofNine

While we're on the whole Golf thing, does anyone have any feelings on the 1.4 or 1.6 '99 Focus, for similar money? The saloon is nicer than the hatchback, sure, and the Golf is nicer than both of them :D, but from reading around here they seem to be a better drive than the Golf, with less problems...

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭PaddyofNine

ClioV6 wrote: »

and Vain, I could pick up a 99 golf with that mileage for 2500 grand in the morning without even trying hard. Don't be so naive in thinking the cars are worth as much as they are.

I just read this - Mind if I ask where? Any advice for a poor student looking for his first wheels, sniff sniff?

• Advertisement
Advertisement