Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car tax renewal

Options
  • 14-09-2008 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭

hi folks
    my car tax is up for renewal this month, but so far i havent gotten anything in post about it- how far in advance do you usually get the letter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Scottie99

I suspect you'll get something in the post this week. Usually its a couple of weeks before expiry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

thanks- just keen to get it sorted as am away on hols at end of sept so just want it sorted before i go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭cabbott

i usually get my renewal notice 3 to 4 weeks before it due

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Usually it's a few weeks ahead of expiry. Just be sure they have the most recent information - change of address for example - this happened to me a few years back, but thankfully the An Post redirect service had the letter to my new address a few days before expiry.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

You should get it this week. My car tax needs to be renewed at the end of this month aswell, and i got the letter last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

i emailed then today and got a response saying that all ones due for renewal this month had been issued, but that was in excess of 100000 cars so may be some dalay in postage. they wouldnt look up my car specifically on system

Advertisement