Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Log cabins

• 14-09-2008 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Jost wondering does anyone have experience of mobilehome type log cabins? Saw one im Punchestown last week which looked impressive. Prices seem grand and speed of availability is a big plus. Just worried about life span, heat sound etc... The salesman naturally says its grand but id like to hear it from someone who has lived in one.

Cheers,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭baguio

Which company was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

baguio wrote: »
    Which company was it?
    Dont post it up here please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭KhanTheMan

Dont buy a without checking around anyway. Some companies may be at least 3 times more expensive than better alternatives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭KhanTheMan

Whats the problem with my post?

I was sent this from a mod

"Muffler had already asked for names not to be mentioned,
    and then you posted not only a name, but a slanerous opinion.
    Do not do this again"

Muffler did not ask for names not to be mentioned. He asked the OP not to post up the name of the company that he was talking about, which my post does not in any way go against.

All over boards people give opinions of values on products. How is my post any different to all of these? I was simply telling the OP which product was a rip-off. They can go research alternatives themselves.

Am i the only one ever to post about a rip-off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

KhanTheMan wrote: »
    Whats the problem with my post?

I was sent this from a mod
    "Muffler had already asked for names not to be mentioned,
    and then you posted not only a name, but a slanerous opinion.
    Do not do this again"

Muffler did not ask for names not to be mentioned. He asked the OP not to post up the name of the company that he was talking about, which my post does not in any way go against.
    Read the charter, which your post clear goes against.
    Muffler's comments about what not to post stem from this.
    All over boards people give opinions of values on products. How is my post any different to all of these? I was simply telling the OP which product was a rip-off. They can go research alternatives themselves.

Am i the only one ever to post about a rip-off?
    No you're not the only one to post about a rip off.
    Are you only one to recieve a warning about it. Again, no

Are opinions like that damaging to companies?
    Yes

Have companies in the past taken legal action?
    Yes

I don't see where the confusion comes from. Some forums allow it. Some don't. Its often a judgement call. And generall its ok when facts are posted, but opinions are what get boards into legal trouble.
    Yours was an opinion. Which may or may not be completely true.

• Advertisement

Right we can keep the names off the thread as per the forum charter. If anyone has recommendations or anything else involving naming any firms/companies then please do so by PM only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭baguio

muffler wrote: »
    Dont post it up here please.
    Apologies, didn't mean to cause trouble!

OP - can you pm me a link to the manufacturer/supplier. Have done a good bit of research on this over the past few years - would be genuinely interested to see what was on offer...just in case i'm missing something.

baguio wrote: »
    Apologies, didn't mean to cause trouble!

OP - can you pm me a link to the manufacturer/supplier. Have done a good bit of research on this over the past few years - would be genuinely interested to see what was on offer...just in case i'm missing something.
    OK. No problems.

PMs are the way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭bdoo

Sorry didnt mean to cause the outbreak of a war lads. I didnt mantion the name incase it'd cause problems. So can anyone advise me?

bdoo wrote: »
    Sorry didnt mean to cause the outbreak of a war lads. I didnt mantion the name incase it'd cause problems. So can anyone advise me?
    Ah you're grand. These things happen and it wasn't your fault.

Its a relatively new commodity here and i dont think many people would have knowledge of log cabins. Someone may reply or you could always do a wee bit of googling.

There was mention of them here before in this forum and if you enter log* into the seach box you may find a couple of posts. You have to enter at least 4 characters into the search box so that is why I specified the asterisk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭bdoo

cool thanks

Advertisement