Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

RTE 1 Tonight - Customs and VRT

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

ep1k-w1n wrote: »
    well as im dyslexic im doin very well to own a computer thank you very much.

Why do you keep looking for cumpoter shops?

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

unkel wrote: »
    A Garda can't but customs & excise can take it from private ground. Just don't buy foreign cars if you can't afford the VRT, folks...

Maybe so but I did save over €7k by waiting till I was forced to do it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭ep1k-w1n

thats the shots horse, every little counts.
    better it in your pocket than fúking crooks and imbeciles.
    give the rats something else to maon about

here ya go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4jylYBYA5o&feature=related

17.5s are me alloys, scum clampers cant get da clamp on

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

choice language there ep1k-w1n ...infraction given

• Registered Users Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

thats the shots horse, every little counts.
    better it in your pocket than fúking crooks and imbeciles.
    give the rats something else to maon about

here ya go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4jylYBYA5o&feature=related

17.5s are me alloys, scum clampers cant get da clamp on

clampers cant clamp 17s? first ive heard of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,953 ✭✭✭✭L1011

yeah its also common curtesy to leave your horse outside when you enter an internet chatroom.
    its ok i wouldnt say it will get clamped on ya, although youd probably say "well i shouldnt have parked it there" and pay the fine.

i have 17.5s on my yoke so i can park anywhere i like that dont tow away.
    i just love doin what ever i like.

i dont hav time for a spell checker, im a very busy man.

A very busy man with time to boast about doing circles in his cheap, untaxed, unregistered, 12 year old, underpowered saloon car? And with time to actually do them? Right so.

Spellcheckers - they're inline in text fields in any modern web browser. No time lost.

Also, if you think clampers can't put a clamp on 17/18/19" wheels, you're going to be sorely disappointed some day. About as deluded as you are over the 'illegality' of VRT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Ladies and gentlemen, this is a public service announcement, please dont feed the troll :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭elsi

Cyrus wrote: »

when the bitch is as slammed as mine they cant get their grubby little hands in behind the arch.
    MYOB wrote: »
    A very busy man with time to boast about doing circles in his cheap, untaxed, unregistered, 12 year old, underpowered saloon car? And with time to actually do them? Right so.

Spellcheckers - they're inline in text fields in any modern web browser. No time lost.

Also, if you think clampers can't put a clamp on 17/18/19" wheels, you're going to be sorely disappointed some day. About as deluded as you are over the 'illegality' of VRT.

ooooooooh some one is jealous of my BMW, you should get one theyre a real dream to drive and not too ecpensivce, especially if you dont VRT her.:P

and i know for a fact they cant clamp it cos iv seen them try, 17.5s and dropped 40 mil.:D

shows how much of a car expert you are, maybe you should trot on over to the equestrian forum, might be more your stile.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭ep1k-w1n

Cyrus wrote: »

when the bitch is as slammed as mine they can get their grubby little hands behind the arch
    MYOB wrote: »

ooooooooh some one is jealous of my BMW, you should get one theyre a real dream to drive and not too ecpensivce, especially if you dont VRT her.:P

and i know for a fact they cant clamp it cos iv seen them try, 17.5s and dropped 40 mil.:D

shows how much of a car expert you are, maybe you should trot on over to the equestrian forum, migt be more your stile:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

question, can a poster be banned for endorsing illegal behaviour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

zuroph wrote: »
    question, can a poster be banned for endorsing illegal behaviour?
    possibly

they could also be banned for being a troll and/or having two accounts

ep1c-w1n to take 1 weeks break for trolling/flaming/general dung stirring ...we shall see about elsi ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,953 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The day I'm jealous of a BMW driver (any model, any age) is the day I have them cart me away to Lomans.

peasant wrote: »
    possibly

they could also be banned for being a troll and/or having two accounts

ep1c-w1n to take 1 weeks break for trolling/flaming/general dung stirring ...we shall see about elsi ;)

Thanks be to jesus for that.

Now back to that eegit in the mini :p

Lets see what next weeks episode will bring lol

• Registered Users Posts: 65,448 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

peasant wrote: »
    we shall see about elsi ;)

I don't think I've ever undeleted someone else's post before. Felt the right thing to do at the time though. Elsi will not post in motors again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

galwaytt wrote: »
    Yes, it does piss me off. But, as someone else pointed out - it's not illegal. Unjust, certainly, unfair - absolutely - but illegal, sorry, you need to go back to school on that one......the clue is in the name.......VRT........and as long as that's how it's worded, neither the EU, nor Ming, can do anything about it.

But if you don't want to play by the rules here, you shouldn't be allowed to cherry pick the ones you want. If you love fags and Polski Fiat's so much, well Gdansk is only a day-and-a-half away..........by car. So why not give that economy a whirl for a few years and let us know how you get on..........

Apparently I've been misinformed.. I thought VRT was illegal in the rest of Europe I know it's not illegal here, seeing as we are f**king paying it. Who said anything about me being allowed pick any rules? Of course I'm not bloody allowed..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

elsi wrote: »
    when the bitch is as slammed as mine they cant get their grubby little hands in behind the arch.

shows how much of a car expert you are, maybe you should trot on over to the equestrian forum, might be more your stile.:pac:

well i want a set of 17.5s, rarest rims in the world :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭IN-THE-KNOW

Fyr.Fytr wrote: »
    As i said there is no signs read my post again

Thats what i said, read my posts properly please

FYR.FYTR, Regarding the drug dogs, I have read your posts again and I'm sorry but your statement is wrong, obviously your English is different than mine!!!:)

hes a passive drugs dog and shouldt scratch, just sit and stare.

Translation as a passive drugs dog, he should not scratch, he should just sit and stare, whats not blantantly obvious about that

And unmarked garda cars are blantanly obvious, customs ones arnt as they dont have the tell tale signs garda cars do.

I seriously dont see whats wrong with my posts

Does anyone else have a problem with my posts???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Fyr.Fytr wrote: »
    I seriously dont see whats wrong with my posts

Does anyone else have a problem with my posts???
    yea, they're very serious for someone who has a signature that says "Why so serious?" :D

Smart arse

I mean grammar wise :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

'Passive' only applies to the dog's behaviour after finding something! The dogs are very eager, as it's all a game to them, and they do not pussyfoot around while searching. So, it is quite conceivable that the dog could scratch something while scrambling around.

Edit: Unless it's wearing those neoprene boots!

Not your ornery onager

Hence the neoprene bootys i mentioned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I wonder will they show more VRT stuff in the coming weeks? From the format of the program, I suspect they might not for fear of repeating themselves. But for all the stories I've heard about Customs nailing people for VRT, it was interesting to actually see it for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Any sign of them putting this up on rte.ie? I'd like to see it. (out of the country atm)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Antrim_Man wrote: »
    The other thing is Jim Rock the boxer is always driving about these roads with a personal English reg. He had it on a Ferrari and now an Audi A8 but nothing is ever said to him :mad:;)

It might now :eek: Doesn't he run a car dealership.

• Moderators Posts: 6,861 ✭✭✭Spocker

Stephen wrote: »
    Any sign of them putting this up on rte.ie? I'd like to see it. (out of the country atm)

Short notice, but it's being repeated today Sunday 21st @ 2.25 on RTE1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Spocker wrote: »
    Short notice, but it's being repeated today Sunday 21st @ 2.25 on RTE1

Damn, missed it again. Anyone know if it'll be repeated again?!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I'd guess on Sundays @ 2.25 on RTE1? They have repeated one so far at this time.

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators Posts: 6,861 ✭✭✭Spocker

Episodes 1 and 2 are viewable online now, island of Ireland only

http://www.rte.ie/tv/customs/ep1.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I can only watch episode 2??

Advertisement