Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats a BIC code/bank account

Options
  • 14-09-2008 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭

trying to get money out of ladbrokes and its proving difficult, need to get it by bank transfer but they want a BIC code is this the same as a swift number ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

why not take it out through there shops i find it easier but maybe u are taking out lot more than i would .

bic i think is bank internal code which is your branch number

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Yeah its the same thing, BIC - The Bank Identifier Code. Its should be on any statement you have.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

opr wrote: »
    Yeah its the same thing, BIC - The Bank Identifier Code. Its should be on any statement you have.

Opr

so its the swift number Opr ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Shuffles

i rang banking 365 and they gave it to me over the phone after a couple of security questions, also your banch will give it to you over the phone if you have no statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

nicnicnic wrote: »
    so its the swift number Opr ?
    yep, same thing. It's either 8 or 11 digits in length. if it's 8, just add XXX on the end if they are looking for 11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭The Istanbul

Nicky

It's not the SWIFT code. Typically it will be something like 'AIBKIE6f' and will be printed on your bank statement after your IBAN code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

grand gents tks, found a statement

Advertisement