Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking to get a new bike

Options
  • 14-09-2008 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hey all,

My bike was stolen from my back garden in Ballybrack I used it quite a lot and am severely pissed off it was a Giant CR 3.0 my Dad had got it for me for Xmas two years ago I wanna get a new one and am willing to spend about 350 on it can anyone recommend one? I don't have a car so I basically use the bike for every day trips and will be cycling to college on it. my bike never really needed any repairs so I didnt really visit any bike shops to often so which would be better The Bike Rack in Johnstown or Mikes Bikes in Dun Laoghaire?

PS I know this post is kinda all over the place so I really will apreciate any answers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Mike's bikes are a bit of a rip off (tried quoting me 45 quid for a shim 105 headset), I've no experience of the other place. There's a lot of other bike shops around, why do you restrict yourself to two?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 whoareyouanyway

those are just the two closest to me if you can recommend any others in south Dublin it would be great thanks for your reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 mackerooney

those are just the two closest to me if you can recommend any others in south Dublin it would be great thanks for your reply.
    I can highly recommend Joe Daly in Dundrum - under the Luas Bridge. I was a novice and they could not have been more helpful. One thing - dont go at lunchtime or close to lunch as they get a little anxious to close.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Muller_1

Your better of buying online, much better value, Check out http://www.chainreactioncycles.com free delivery as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

The Bike Rack tends to be well regarded among mtbers. It's worth dropping in to see what they have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

+1 Joe Dalys, it is my local shop and you will be well looked after. Not a great idea to buy from CRC unless you know what you are doing as you will have to do a bit of assembly.

For that sort of entry-level bike I am not sure the savings online will outweigh the benefit of buying from a LBS and getting the after-sales service, etc.

I would suggest looking at something like a Dawes Discovery or Trek FX 7.0 both of which Joe Daly's do around your price range.

Advertisement