Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gear

Options
  • 14-09-2008 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭

Another silly question that I'm sure gets asked a lot but I figured I'd ask again..

What do people think is necessary equipment to have.. Obviously aside from your AEG and Sidearm...

AEG
    Sidearm
    Goggles/Facemask
    Boots
    Gloves
    Knee pads
    Camo gear
    Tac Vest/Webbing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,834 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Goggles/facemask. Actually they're MORE important than your AEG/sidearm ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

o1s1n wrote: »
    Goggles/facemask. Actually they're MORE important than your AEG/sidearm ;)

Yeah another obvious one.. I'll stick a list of things people suggest in the first post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

A sense of honour and humour

• Registered Users Posts: 14,804 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Boots...waterproof ones, invaluable when your foot becomes submerged in a

muddy field :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Good gloves are useful for saving your hands when scrambling through thorns and nettles. If you can source them the mechanix original gloves are great but any gloves that are comfortable and don't impede your dexterity too much are good to have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

I find knee-pads are great too,

but then again - I'm an old git...:o

hoplite wrote: »
    Good gloves are useful for saving your hands when scrambling through thorns and nettles. If you can source them the mechanix original gloves are great but any gloves that are comfortable and don't impede your dexterity too much are good to have.

So fingerless gloves maybe?

I find knee-pads are great too,

but then again - I'm an old git...:o

Well I aint old but I'm not exactly johnny agile so yeah I'd imagine I'd find em useful too.. shall have to purchase some :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭amaughan

lan yard for your pistol comms with an ear piece camo and tac vest/webbing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Load carrying equipment - vest, plate carrier, chest rig etc if you are carrying a lot of mags or equipment.

OOops, already said. I really need to read previous posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Ham Sandwiches, flask of tea with plenty of sugar!

Doomofman wrote: »
    So fingerless gloves maybe?

Whatever you find comfortable to be honest here is some linkage to the gloves I use although my oakleys are clones I will probably get the proper version soon.

http://www.shop.mechanix.info/virtuemart/mw-hauptkatalog/original-glove/the-original-glove.html

Little awkward to buy from these guys bank transfer only.

http://www.asmc.de/en/Oakley-SI-Gloves-khaki-p.html

FYI ASMC.DE is a great site with lots of gear. Standard shupping is €17 euros for up to 2 kg of kit.

PRO-TAC on the Curragh sell Mechanix gloves. Reasonable price too if I remember correctly.:)
    Whatever you find comfortable to be honest here is some linkage to the gloves I use although my oakleys are clones I will probably get the proper version soon.

http://www.shop.mechanix.info/virtuemart/mw-hauptkatalog/original-glove/the-original-glove.html

Little awkward to buy from these guys bank transfer only.

FYI ASMC.DE is a great site with lots of gear. Standard shupping is €17 euros for up to 2 kg of kit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

PRO-TAC on the Curragh sell Mechanix gloves. Reasonable price too if I remember correctly.:)

I hate handing him money but I have to replace the Seal Skinz I, er, misplaced some where.

The brain is a bit erratic these days:D

Rob
    Great find!!
    Some nice wet gear n stuff and prices look quite reasonable.
    ;)

Rob
    Great find!!
    Some nice wet gear n stuff and prices look quite reasonable.
    ;)

Been using asmc.de for a good while and I just ordered some ex Bundeswehr flecktarn goretex gear for the rainy season lol.

Shipping can take a while but like myself your are patient so it should'nt be a prob ;)

Dang mechanix gloves available in pro-tac and me jumping through all those hoops to get them :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

a change of clothes.,

vtec wrote: »
    a change of clothes.,

Oh how come? :confused:

Doomofman wrote: »
    Oh how come? :confused:

Rain, muck, rips and tears its adds to the fun its good to change into a fresh set of clothes after a skirmish.

Or you can hold your breath and wait for good weather or an indoor airsoft facility :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

ha haaaaaaaaa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭skapegoat

Oh don't forget.
    Grenades, grenade launchers, claymores, rat traps, smoke nades, stun nades, night vision, Throat mic and walkie talkies, waterproofs, 5 DOLLAH for the Vietnamese hookers on the field, nutrition and water.

you can go a little excessive with this game!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Sam Fisher

If you are getting a sidearm, a good holster is important. Also a sling for your AEG.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

Surprised no-one has said this but............

ELECTRICAL TAPE!!!!!!!!!
    SILICONE OIL!!!!!!!!!

All airsoft problems can be solved with either or a combination of both the above:D:D:D

Advertisement