Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TNA No Surrender (Spoilers)

• 14-09-2008 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

TNA WRESTLING PRESENTS "NO SURRENDER"

MAIN EVENT FOR THE TNA WRESTLING WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
    Champion Samoa Joe vs. Booker T vs. Kurt Angle vs. Christian Cage

TNA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: Beer Money, Inc. vs. The Latin American Xchange

X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: Champion "Maple Leaf Muscle" Petey Williams vs. Consequences Creed vs. Sheik Abdul Bashir

MIXED MARTIAL ARTS MATCH: "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles vs. Frank Trigg

TAG TEAM MATCH: Abyss & Matt Morgan vs. Team 3D

KNOCKOUT WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP: Champion Taylor Wilde vs. Angelina Love

LADDER OF LOVE MATCH: "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal vs. "The Guru" Sonjay Dutt

CHALLENGE MATCH: The Rock N' Rave Infection (Lance Rock, Jimmy Rave and Christy Hemme) vs. The Prince Justice Brotherhood (Curry Man, Shark Boy & Super Eric)

FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE: ODB vs. Awesome Kong w/ Raisha Saeed

http://www.tnawrestling.com/component/option,com_wrapper/Itemid,52/

Its a good card, I'm particularly looking forward to the main event. Add the debut of Foley to that aswell.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I haven't heard much about this, there's an MMA match on the show? Obviously it'll be worked, but it's one of those things that could either end up completely horrible or showing that Trigg has a talent for wrestling

Sting and Jarrett aren't wrestling? I read that the build up to this show featured a lot of teasing of their involvement. Is it just going to be one of those deals where they both interfere in the main event?

Is Foley debuting confirmed? I thought they'd leave that for a tv show

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Fozzy wrote: »
    I haven't heard much about this, there's an MMA match on the show? Obviously it'll be worked, but it's one of those things that could either end up completely horrible or showing that Trigg has a talent for wrestling

Sting and Jarrett aren't wrestling? I read that the build up to this show featured a lot of teasing of their involvement. Is it just going to be one of those deals where they both interfere in the main event?

TNA is confusing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Yep:
    http://www.tnawrestling.com/

Got to love that they never mentioned it on television.

In addition having no mention of Sting & Jarretts presence at the PPV eventhough on IMPACT! they were advertised to be at it.

Dont get me started on Triggs wrestling debut with 3 days build.

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/6723/
    Scary moment at tonight's TNA house show
    Saturday night at the TNA house show in London, Ontario in front of approximately 500 fans at the Labatt Centre, there was a scary moment where James Storm was knocked out cold during his tag match with Robert Roode against The Motor City Machine Guns. Storm was rushed to the hospital and it was diagnosed as a concussion, no word on whether this will affect the Pay Per View Sunday night in Oshawa.

He really shouldn't be wrestling if he did get concussed. I wonder if they'll just sub in a guy like Tomko

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

rovert wrote: »
    TNA is confusing :pac:

:rolleyes:
    Typical response from a WWE fan.
    VR!

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/6723/

He really shouldn't be wrestling if he did get concussed. I wonder if they'll just sub in a guy like Tomko

Tomko isn't what i'd call a substitute. But i do agree that Storm shouldn't be wrestling if concussed. It's a shame as i've really been enjoying Beer Money Inc. in the last couple of months.

Storm, sorry 'bout your damn luck. :(
    VR!

TNA WRESTLING PRESENTS "NO SURRENDER"

I'm not into fatal fourway main events at all. Angle and Christian really don't have much of a right to be in this match after the horror that was last months title match. Throwing two more into the mix isn't going to help them.
    TNA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: Beer Money, Inc. vs. The Latin American Xchange

Was looking forward to this, not so sure now.
    X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: Champion "Maple Leaf Muscle" Petey Williams vs. Consequences Creed vs. Sheik Abdul Bashir

I don't get why they decided to change Daviri's name. It's his real name, he's already a stereotype, giving him a stereotypical name doesn't change things for better or worse. That said, i enjoy all three of them and have this one down as the match of the night.

This is a horrible idea, and i can't see it doing any good for either Trigg or Styles. That angle (see what i did there?) has been going on for way too long at this stage.
    Two fat talentless ****, Abyss and The Brockprint. i've no reason to be interested in this match.

Taylor Wilde is dragging that womens division down as champion, she's not that great in the ring. Give Angel the belt already, even if it's to transition it to ODB or something.

Ok, now i'll say it FIRE RUSSO! Great storyline (if not rehashed from 15 years ago), horrible matches. Ladder of Love? Come on folks, stop gimmicking the matches, both these guys can have a decent match without gimmicks.
    CHALLENGE MATCH: The Rock N' Rave Infection (Lance Rock, Jimmy Rave and Christy Hemme) vs. The Prince Justice Brotherhood (Curry Man, Shark Boy & Super Eric)

All the above gimmicks are no longer funny. Curry Man is funny, but he's not a f*cking superhero! I have zero interest in this match at all.

This will actually be a fun match, a lot better than the Knockouts title match.
    Its a good card, I'm particularly looking forward to the main event. Add the debut of Foley to that aswell.

Yeah, it's a good card without being a great card. I've no expectations for this one. It's on this Wednesday on Bravo 2 (unsure of time), repeated at 9am on Saturday on Bravo.

VR!

There are conflicting reports on this:

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=33350&p=1

And also according to them Booker won't be there because of Ike, so will it be Sting, Jarrett, Foley or Nash?

It's on this Wednesday on Bravo 2 (unsure of time), repeated at 9am on Saturday on Bravo.

VR!

Usually 9-1, though I won't watch it on Bravo, I can't stand all the ads.

• Advertisement

Usually 9-1, though I won't watch it on Bravo, I can't stand all the ads.

God bless DVR's really, one button and bye bye ads!
    Besides, there's still less ads on over 3 hours of TNA PPV on Bravo, than a live version of RAW on Sky Sports :D

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Yeah, it's a good card without being a great card.

It's a terrible card. The two highlights of the recent Impacts, Sting and Jarret aren't on it. They have AJ in an MMA match for ****s sake. Trig deserved far more than 3 days build up. Money Inc. vs LAX is a rematch of a rematch. 3 PPV's in a row and a lot of Impacts. Petey vs. Creed vs. Bashir is more or less another rematch of the last PPV because of Bashir's interference. I refuse to watch the new Knockout champ's dropkick express. Unless they give the title to Love it will go down the drain. Kong vs. ODB could be good but it was done alot when Kong vs. kim was going on and ODB was their second face.

Worst of all you bring back Abyss really really well making him look a real real force and then you stick him with Matt ****ing Morgan and then cap it off with putting them against Team 3D, who I like when they are building younger stars but not against two brawlers, and you destroy Abyss' momentum. He should have been thrown into the Main event, seeing as Christian and Angle were more or less because Booker vs. Joe was so bad the first time around. I prefer TNA but this is a **** PPV

:rolleyes:
    Typical response from a WWE fan.
    VR!

Not it isnt it is the uniform response most people have. A lot of there storylines dont make sense.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Worst of all you bring back Abyss really really well making him look a real real force and then you stick him with Matt ****ing Morgan and then cap it off with putting them against Team 3D, who I like when they are building younger stars but not against two brawlers, and you destroy Abyss' momentum. He should have been thrown into the Main event, seeing as Christian and Angle were more or less because Booker vs. Joe was so bad the first time around. I prefer TNA but this is a **** PPV

Abyss has been the pits since his return in fairness.

Not it isnt it is the uniform response most people have. A lot of there storylines dont make sense.

A uniformed response that said people who happen to be very pro WWE?
    Come on man, just tell it as it is.

VR!

A lot of there storylines dont make sense.

Which and in what way?

Which and in what way?

Need I say more?

A uniformed response that said people who happen to be very pro WWE?
    Come on man, just tell it as it is.

VR!

In English.

Cut the WWE fan boy stuff, if just makes you come across overly defensive.

Need I say more?

Yes you should, the storyline makes perfect sense, the gimmicked match doesn't, but that wasn't your point now, rovert, was it?

VR!

the storyline makes perfect sens

ROFL

You have to be trolling, you had me there VR. ;)

• Advertisement

In English.

Cut the WWE fan boy stuff, if just makes you come across overly defensive.

Just calling it as i see it dude, you should try it. Form your own opinion sometime, rather than sitting on the internet for 20 of the 24 hours quoting Meltzer and Alvarez all day.

Go on, try it just for one day. :)
    VR!

Just calling it as i see it dude, you should try it. Form your own opinion sometime, rather than sitting on the internet for 20 of the 24 hours quoting Meltzer and Alvarez all day.

Go on, try it just for one day. :)
    VR!

My views are more often that not totally different those from those two. Fozzy and Vince should be able to tell you that as they do read them. Anyway how would you know what their views are? VR you are totally ignorant here to a laughable extent.

VR you are totally ignorant here to a laughable extent.

Proof, source and citation please?
    Actually you're right, i am totally ignorant regards to you, back on ignore otherwise these posts will go down the crapper.

VR!

PS: I noticed that in past threads you still kept responding despite the fact you knew i had you on ignore (begging Minto to pass on a message via PM to take you off ignore didn't help your situation either), are you really that desperate for my attention, dear rovert?

VR!

Proof, source and citation please?
    Actually you're right, i am totally ignorant regards to you, back on ignore otherwise these posts will go down the crapper.!

You can ask Fozzy and Vince about Bryan and Dave's opinion of Unforgiven and my own they varied widely.
    PS: I noticed that in past threads you still kept responding despite the fact you knew i had you on ignore (begging Minto to pass on a message via PM to take you off ignore didn't help your situation either), are you really that desperate for my attention, dear rovert?

There other posters beyond you and me. If I want expand on your points I will. I didnt beg Minto I merely asked him as many of your posts said the exact thing as mine and it was becoming repetitive and I wanted to make amends. Bring up that PM public shows who here is trying to mend fences and who isnt. Speaking of attention all you have done tonight is try to pick a fight with me with very little basis.

Need I say more?

Please do.

Please do.

Even for Wrestling a woman puting up her wedding ring in match because she is sick over two other men fighting over her is ridiclous. Why doesnt she tell them both to **** off as she doesnt like either them. doesnt she? Val comes across as either a bitch or an idiot.

She actually likes both of them and is upset at the violence over her.

Yep, that's the message i got as well.
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Really looking forward to this card. Thanks to VR for the info on the show is on Bravo. :)

This should be an exciting match, with two decent workers, one great woker and THE best work in North American wrestling. Foley, Sting and Jarrett's involvement have me interested aswell. This match should be set up BFG very well.

Storm's possible non-involvement doesn't bother me. This wasn't meant to be the fuc.k-off match anyway. That will be saved for BFG. Adding a substitute will actually liven things up a little, actually. Chris Harris maybe?!? Lol.

Should be a typical Williams match; fun.
    Loved Angle's worked-MMA matches with Styles and Tomko, reckon this could be good aswell. And bollocks to the whole "only 3 days build" thing. This isn't Frank's wrestling debut. Its a worked shoot, theres a difference. I'm looking forward to this more than anything else on the card.

This match is depressing, not just because it will be dull, not because 3D didn't resign with WWE, but because in a time when TNA's top tier is in danger of becoming totally saturated with former WWE and WCW main eventers, so much more could be with Abyss, and to a lesser extent Morgan.

Love's reign could be interesting. I'm a fan of the Beautifull People. Great concept. Good on you, Vinnie Ru!

Could be a good ladder match. Not sure what the stips are, iMPACT hasn't been up on Dailymotion in weeks so I'm out of sinc with the lesser storylines.

Meh.

This will make or break ODB in my estimation. She has yet to show any promise in regular single and tags, if she can't prove herself as a good brawler then she is past her sell-by date in TNA IMO.

I'm sure Rovert's replys to this topic have been priceless.

• Advertisement

She has been ring girl and on air personality for years and years in TNA. That explanation makes no sense.

What does what she was doing before this storyline have to do with it? She liked Lethal and then fell for Sonjays 'charm', thus leaving her conflicted and upset that two people are hurting each other over her.

She was the ring girl who fell for Lethal, simple as.
    I'm under the impression rovert actually doesn't watch TNA, because those who actually do (myself, Machismo Fan (and i'm also presuming oneofakind32), seem to get it).

F*ck it, nevermind.
    VR!

What does what she was doing before this storyline have to do with it?

Continuity, perhaps? Saying that she doesn’t watch IMPACT was always stupid too.

She was the ring girl who fell for Lethal, simple as.!

Yet she abhors violence? Ok VR:rolleyes:
    I'm under the impression rovert actually doesn't watch TNA, because those who actually do (myself, Machismo Fan (and i'm also presuming oneofakind32), seem to get it).

I do watch it. The Knockouts were fun and Christian's interview was great. But the rest of it was very poor. Why did Nash book Joe in a gaunlet before a title defense? BTW

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Might try and catch the stream of this. Anyone know if its on at 1am like WWE or earlier/later?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Booker's off the show because he couldn't get a flight due to the hurricane. Main event is a three-way now says f4wonline.com
    And bollocks to the whole "only 3 days build" thing. This isn't Frank's wrestling debut. Its a worked shoot, theres a difference.

So you think that Trigg's "pro wrestling" debut will be a bigger deal than this match?

There's really not a difference. Pro wrestling is a worked fight by definition. The match tonight is going to be worked. It's a pro wrestling match

Booker's off the show because he couldn't get a flight due to the hurricane. Main event is a three-way now says f4wonline.com

That should make it a better match, but they could always add Nash, Sting, Rhino, Jarrett or Foley. Though they will probably make a bigger deal of Foley and Jarretts first matches.

Machismo Fan & VR after seeing the Ladder match. Explain this to me why didnt Val just ditch Lethal before even making the match if she wanted to be with Dutt?

• Advertisement

Machismo Fan & VR after seeing the Ladder match. Explain this to me why didnt Val just ditch Lethal before even making the match if she wanted to be with Dutt?

For the same reason Trish didn't ditch Jericho before the match at Wrestlemania XX when she wanted to be with Christian. :rolleyes:

It's pro wrestling, stop reading too much into it and enjoy it for what it is!
    VR!

For the same reason Trish didn't ditch Jericho before the match at Wrestlemania XX when she wanted to be with Christian. :rolleyes:

No, it is not. This was far more stupid. Why would she want Sonjay in a ladder match and who gets Trish wasnt the stipulation?
    It's pro wrestling, stop reading too much into it and enjoy it for what it is!

Even for Wrestling this makes no sense.

Lulling the face into a false sense of security before stabbing him in the back, as VR said you are taking it too seriously if she had done that there would have been no match and thats what wrasslin do be about

If it were real life the woman would be opposed to having her future put on the line in a "fight" between two men, not a object etc

EdK wrote: »
    Lulling the face into a false sense of security before stabbing him in the back, as VR said you are taking it too seriously if she had done that there would have been no match and thats what wrasslin do be about

Why lull someone with a ladder match? Why didn’t she turn on him last month? Even in Wrestling logic it makes no sense.
    If it were real life the woman would be opposed to having her future put on the line in a "fight" between two men, not a object etc

This is my point in part. Even for Wrestling this a serious stretch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

This is my point in part. Even for Wrestling this a serious stretch.

In all fairness, it's nowhere near as much as a stretch as Jeff Hardy not knowing how to keep the belt that he was holding in the scramble after just seeing his brother doing it in the match before hand. That was far worse

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭mrstpatsfc

didnt seem like it was too bad of a pay per view.

new x division champion who i really dislike,a potential feud between abyss and morgan possibly on the way,surely the lethal and dutt story has another twist in it and of course the return of jarrett.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    In all fairness, it's nowhere near as much as a stretch as Jeff Hardy not knowing how to keep the belt that he was holding in the scramble after just seeing his brother doing it in the match before hand. That was far worse

Right Bubs. :rolleyes:

Jeff Hardy made a mistake in the heat of the moment while Val put up herself in a match where Lethal could have won and Sonjay could have been badly hurt.
    mrstpatsfc wrote: »
    didnt seem like it was too bad of a pay per view.

Outside of the Ladder match itself, everything else has been panned in reviews.
    mrstpatsfc wrote: »
    a potential feud between abyss and morgan

Typical TNA having tag partners fight in their first match as a tag team.

Did Foley make an appearance?

Did Foley make an appearance?

Nope, no video, no nothing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

anyone have a link where to watch it now. i was on dailymotion earlier and couldnt find anything

• Advertisement
Advertisement