Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Licence Question

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

Hiya Boc,

You would need two separate certs for this firearm if it comes with two barrels. Also, you have the misfortune of having to pay two license fees also. Nice firearm though, would be worth it I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

boc121 wrote: »
    http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/detail.asp?value=014B&cat_id=013&type_id=285

Anybody know how you go about licencing this?
    Would you be able to amend to existing licence or would it be considered two guns? If so do you need two certs or would they go on one?
    Cheers.

i thing one licence will do you ,its the same bore .i know a few lads that have a shotgun with two sets of barrels and one licence ,if one of the barrels was a 20 bore you would have to get a licence of it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Second JWS on this.Same calibre no problem,although they MIGHT ask for the reciver serial nrs to be engraved on the subsequent barrel set.
    Different cal, differnt liscense I'm afraid.:)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

Thanks lads, i'll have to chat with the fo and a few dealers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭dimebag249

jwshooter wrote: »
    i thing one licence will do you ,its the same bore .i know a few lads that have a shotgun with two sets of barrels and one licence ,if one of the barrels was a 20 bore you would have to get a licence of it

My shotgun cert makes no mention of the gun's bore. Is is supposed to?

• Advertisement

Cant get my hands on one in Ireland, in the states only. Rang a few dealers no interest.
    Is there anyone here who has imported from the states lately?
    Think i'll have a crack at it:eek:
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Ring a couple of dealers in the North sometimes these are available in the UK. I have successfully sourced a firearm that is not available in Ireland by going down this route and saved money.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

boc121 wrote: »
    Cant get my hands on one in Ireland, in the states only. Rang a few dealers no interest.
    Is there anyone here who has imported from the states lately?
    Think i'll have a crack at it:eek:
    Cheers.

Have you actually tried the gun for fit? Don't want to put a damper on things, but I've tried a couple of Cynergys in shops and to be honest, they felt like shovels.
    Now, I'm a fan of Brownings, I had an Ultra XT for years and I thought the Cynergy looked lovely in pictures. However, I tried a couple of different ones in different shops and couldn't get one that felt anyway comfortable. I even got people that were with me to try them and they thought the same!
    Maybe it's just me, but I'd like to throw it up to my shoulder before parting with the cash.

Ring a couple of dealers in the North sometimes these are available in the UK. I have successfully sourced a firearm that is not available in Ireland by going down this route and saved money.

They're telling me its not available in europe, but if you have any numbers for your dealer buddy i'll give him a shout.
    Cheers.
    Have you actually tried the gun for fit? Don't want to put a damper on things, but I've tried a couple of Cynergys in shops and to be honest, they felt like shovels.
    Now, I'm a fan of Brownings, I had an Ultra XT for years and I thought the Cynergy looked lovely in pictures. However, I tried a couple of different ones in different shops and couldn't get one that felt anyway comfortable. I even got people that were with me to try them and they thought the same!
    Maybe it's just me, but I'd like to throw it up to my shoulder before parting with the cash.

I tried a couple and one very similar to it in Birr with Courtlough, seemed to fit me fine and i really liked the feel of it. But it looks like it will be a while if ever until i get my hands on one of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Could very well be that it isn't marketed as that particular package in
    Europe but trying to tell someone that the Browning distributor couldn't get his hands on a set of trap/sporter/field barrels for a Synergy action is pure bovine excrement in my opinion.

Could very well be that it isn't marketed as that particular package in
    Europe but trying to tell someone that the Browning distributor couldn't get his hands on a set of trap/sporter/field barrels for a Synergy action is pure bovine excrement in my opinion.

Exactly what i thought meathstevie only not as poetic:D

Advertisement