Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Gearbox or clutch?

Options
  • 14-09-2008 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

Last week while slowing up I dropped down gear and the whole gear box ceased up. I could not get into any gear. I pumped the clutch a few times but nothing. After about a minute I heard a click and the gears were fine. Same thing happened again today except I was looking at the clutch pedal when I heard the click. It looked like the clutch popped up like it was not fully depressed before. The gears do feel a little stiff.

Anyone any ideas what this might be? Flywheel was changed 2 weeks ago which is concerning me. Could it be dangerous? I have a long drive tomorrow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Make/model/year.....?

It could be the clutch or it could be an internal fault in the gearbox and a number of other faults. You really need to get it looked at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

crosstownk wrote: »
    Make/model/year.....?

It could be the clutch or it could be an internal fault in the gearbox and a number of other faults. You really need to get it looked at.

2005 Seat Toledo TDI

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

As far as I know the Toledo has a hydraulic clutch - there may be a problem with the hydraulics. The hydraulic system was most likely disconnected during the flywheel repair. But the only real way to find out what is wrong is to have it looked at.

Advertisement