Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help!! Bedtime bear by embrace toy collection

Options
  • 14-09-2008 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi can anyone please help me out there. My son's favourite toy is a soft blue teddybear we got as a present in the coombe hospital when he was born - its a nighttime bear, with a hat and blue suit, has white trimming with blue around the base of the hat and the legs of the suit, brown bear, has beans in the bum part o fthe bear :) My son eats, sleeps and drinks with this bear really want to get a replacement one and cannot find one anywhere.

The coombe have stopped stocking them, was bought approx 3 years ago, if anyone has or knows where i could get one i would be really grateful.

A desperate mother :)

Comments

Hi there. Can you post a pic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

I hope you have luck. My own three have all had teddybears they became attached to, and I did spend some time trying to get a duplicate for my sons as he was devoted to it. I never did manage to get one, and after a near miss with my elder daughters ted one day we started a policy of not bringing them out too much. Just in case!

I am happy to say that my son will be 18 next birthday and "Skipper" is still living in his room, despite many many times of me worrying about what might have happened if we lost it.

So I guess all I am trying to say is that its possible to just have the one teddy and survive ... !!

On a side note my youngest is attached to a wee bear (popcorn?!) and we have one the exact same size and shape - different colour - and on one occasion we tried to subsitute it (the room being dark at the time). We were very quickly informed that it felt wrong. So if you do manage to get a replacement - wash it well!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭shaz00

yep i will do - gonna need help tho', new to this, do i just attach it like i would with a normal email?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Dfens

Have you tried having a look on Ebay ie or co.uk - sometimes it amazing what stuff you can find there & nowhere else. You might be able to find a very similar bear & say it's the original bear's brother/sister/cousin come to vsit etc. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

try ebay, they often have outdated bears and such like that are no longer being made. I would sugest you try ebay.com or .co.uk instead of .ie because there is a wider selection in international ebays. You'll have to pay extra for P&P im sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭shaz00

Hi there. Can you post a pic?
    nighttime bear.jpg

Hi have attached a pic! Have tried everywhere even ebay, so was thinkin my last hope might be someone who had been given one in the coombe as a present or purchased one :) am willing to pay for the bear and any post and packaging.

Advertisement