Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Setting shocks on an Aritech CS350 alarm

• 14-09-2008 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

I am having false alarms on an Aritech CS350 alarm i installed on the shock zones. Just wondering what anyone sets the gross and pulse settings to as standard?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Normally 5 5
    If its only started giving trouble its more likely a faulty sensor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

koolkid wrote: »
    Normally 5 5

kookid, which setting is more sensitive? 5 5 or 4 4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

I usually set 6-6 or higher. It takes a lot more force to actually smash a window. I got nuisance triggers on lower levels in storms and it seems to me as the sensors age it worsens.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The lower the number the more sensitive it is.
    If you have to set at 6 6 or above to prevent false alarms then there is a faulty device(s) somewhere.
    I would strongly recommend finding it. Anything above 6 6 would be a risk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I have all mine set to 4-3. No problems in the last year and recently set a friends up at the same level. He was having false alarms before whenever a truck passed by his house. We didn't know what the levels were set to when it was giving the false alarms as the eng code was locked out.

Do you think 4-3 is an ok setting?

• Advertisement

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Do you think 4-3 is an ok setting?
    If you are not haveing any false alarms then its ok.A little bit on the sensitive side.

Advertisement