Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For Those Deserving...

Options
  • 14-09-2008 8:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭

Amid all those that let us down, there are many others that go beyond the call of duty and wage they get.
    I'd like this thread to name just those that truly deserve praise and be recognised for it.

I'd like to start by thanking (I know this one is not strictly consumer as such but they deserve it) the nurses, doctors and staff of the Children's Hospital in Crumlin. I have a child that has a permanent serious medical problem. Their dedication, care and work is outstanding.
    The place might be always packed but the staff I have found if you go along with them, will bend backwards to help you.
    Thank you all.

I'd like to thank a local young doctor for caring for my kids. A Dr Shane O'Neill (Boyne Center). He does many things above just writing a prescription and sending my kids on their way. You get true value for money with him and more. He even phone calls to my home just to check on them out of the blue. He worries about those under his care.

Wogans in Drogheda for going out of their way to help a family that was in a spot of bother. They (without further money reasons) helped my family in a number of free ways. Thanks lads and lassies.

The staff at my local Drogheda Waterstones. I'm having a minor problem getting something but the local staff there are going out of their way to look after me. Cheers - its not gone un-noticed and is much appreciated.

There are many others - as I think of them, I'll post them.

So come on folks, give praise where it's due too or tell us where you were happily surprised by staff. Many others deserve our thanks but rarely get it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Nice you post to praise these people, as usually people are very quick to complain, but slow to praise. Reminds me of a story a family member who
    works in electronics retailer had recently. A lady who had an issue with something she bought from them and took it back. In the end it was something simple but was looked at and taken seriously , the lady happy with the service took time to write a short letter to the management of the company expressing her gratitude for good service.

While it's nice to post here , i think a nice letter to some of these places would be nice for them, i guarentee it would make some poor disgruntled shop workers day !!! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I make a point of thanking good staff - having been on the other side of the counter for sometime I learned the hard way what its like.

It don't take much effort just to say "Thanks for being a help". It is much appreciated and makes someone's day worthwhile.

Advertisement