Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving Test Confusion. Help

Options
  • 14-09-2008 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Can somebody please explain this to me because I'm totally lost.
    I applied for my driving text a while back and I received a letter with confirmation that I had booked it. Now I never read the letter properly and I'm looking at it now and it says this:
    For the purpose of obtaining a third or subsequent provisional licence, for a period of one year, this letter may be used to provide evidence to the Motor Taxation Office that adriving test is being arranged for you.

Now I wasn't aware of this, and I got a learner permit a few weeks back, my question is this: with another provisional licence as mentioned above, do I also have to be accompanied ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

yes u would have too. The only one that u were allowed on yur own was the second provsional and i think thats gone now with the new law. i think whats its saying about the getting a 3rd is that u'd need a letter stating that u've got a driving test coming up soon cuz u should really have got yur licsence at that stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Some information about it here
    Since the commencement of the Driver Theory Testing Service on 11 June 2001, a theory test certificate must be obtained before a first learner permit is granted. You may not apply for a third learner permit unless you can provide evidence that you have (a) undergone a driving test in the two-year period prior to the application or (b) evidence of a forthcoming test date. A two year learner permit will be granted if you provide evidence you have undergone a driving test, and a one year learner permit will be granted if you submit evidence of a forthcoming test date.

Advertisement