Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Laurence Town Centre Directions

Options
  • 14-09-2008 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Quick question I can hopefully get an answer to tonight, can I get directions to the town centre in Dundalk from the M1 coming from Dublin please? I'm clueless. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

In Dundalk? There is a St Laurence Town Centre in Drogheda. It's a shopping centre. Is that what you are looking for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

:o sorry, yeah in Drogheda. Coming from Dublin on M1.

I reckon this is the easiest way to go.

Take the first Drogheda exit ( Drogheda South) and follow the road into Drogheda.
    Keep going until you see Scotch Hall - another shopping centre on the right.

There is a set of lights after it and a church on the left. Go through these lights and you need to take the first right over the small bridge(St. Mary's bridge) at the next lights. It has its own filter light. Turn right down the quays on the other side. There is a turn after an Italian restaurant (Bella Atina) and Greens's Furniture. Turn left up the hill.

You will come to a junction with St Laurence's Gate (old castle gate) on your left. Drive through the gate and turn right - it's one way so you have no choice. About 100m up on the left there is an entrance into the car park for St Laurence's Town Centre. If you do get lost once in town you can ask.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

If you can get to the first small bridge (on your right - St. Mary's bridge) that is just past a church (in James st on the left) as you enter the town, go across it and take the first right subsequent turn and drive down the North quay till you come to a corner furniture store (BIG window) on your left that says "Greens Antiques" (there is a bed and motor bike in the window at present - green shutters if closed).
    Turn left here - go up the lane/hill.
    At the top you will see stone made Lawrences Gate towering. If your facing that, go through, (on the right will be the centre your looking for 10 yards on - you can't drive any further up though...) you have to turn right again (on the other side of the tower) to go around to the side of it. Turning left again after that will bring you to another of its main doors for customers.

X where the center is

afa5au.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

That's brilliant help, thanks lads!! If I get lost I can have no complaints at you guys anyway!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

erm would it not be easier to take the turn off for drogheda north, go down mell, straight across west street nd up laurences street

As a direct run maybe, but it is also easier to get it wrong and get really lost. The traffic flow the other way to where the OP wanted to go is usually a lot better.

Advertisement