Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Under 18 license holder

Options
  • 14-09-2008 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭

I was thinking today....

If your a provo license holder and only 17, and if your stopped by the guards......all the guards can do is give youa caution and maybe assign a juvinile liason office, since your under 18, the offence cant really be prosecuted all too well!

Just thought id share my random thought with boards!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Are you forgetting about the fine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Im fairly sure being under 18 doesn't make you immune to fines. I don't know the exact laws but ill bet that if you can't pay for it then your legal guardian will have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

timmywex wrote: »
    If your a provo license holder and only 17, and if your stopped by the guards......all the guards can do is give youa caution
    Since when did it become an offence for a 17 year old to have a Provisional Licence?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Since when did it become an offence for a 17 year old to have a Provisional Licence?

Think he means unaccompanied ;)

OP - I've spent nearly a grand on taxis at a guess, since June. It písses me off no end to see ignorant people like yourself trying to find an excuse for breaking possibly the most publicised law in the book when I've been put to considerable expense while I waited to pass my test.

/rant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

sdonn_1 wrote: »
    It písses me off no end to see ignorant people like yourself trying to find an excuse for breaking possibly the most publicised law in the book when I've been put to considerable expense while I waited to pass my test
    You shouldn't jump to conclusions! The OP never said that he/she does it or intends to do it!

OP - AFAIK there is nothing to stop the Gardai from seeking to have the culprit banned from driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

I dont intend to break it all that much, unless it means going for the 2 minute drive into town to collect the rents from a pub and bring them home, or drive the one minute to rugby training!

They could, but it would be the juvenile courts to go through, so basically unless you are continuesly caught reoffending, on a regualar basis, they wont because that court will take ages to get to, and being it a minor offence(in the bigger picture of course), it would be the same senario as a u18 found drunk of something, slap on the wrist, dont do it again etc!

Advertisement