Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie 2 clay pigeon shooting...

Options
  • 14-09-2008 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi, I went clay pigeon shooting for the first time this weekend and really enjoyed it. Would love to do a bit more but not sure about the where and how bit. I’m from Thurles and living in Dublin. Know the Thurles Shooting club is located on the main Dublin road near Urlingford but I can’t find any contact details. I’m assuming most clubs are closed to member’s, so I guess I need to locate somewhere that does it commercially. Any suggestions????? Paid €40eur Saturday for 25 shells....is that not a bit expensive? Fun was all over in ten minutes!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

for the cartridges alone that would be expensive although the €40eur will prob include all the other costs insurance, clays, equipment, and the people running it needs to have thier cut too etc. Im sure the insurance cost be really high in them places too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Where I go shooting Clay's (Eddy Dailys Rathkeale Limerickish) he charges 20 Euros for 50 Clays.
    That is NOT including ammo though.

You can either bring your own ammo or buy ammo from him.

Usually for a session I tend to stick to 100 Birds and hand
    the man 40 Yo Yous (with my own ammo already bought)

Not sure if thats good value or bad vaule but from the
    aspect of getting the Coaching from a Veteren I reackon
    its worth it. (Im still totally ****e though! )

~B

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Lainey_b01 wrote: »
    I’m from Thurles and living in Dublin. Know the Thurles Shooting club is located on the main Dublin road near Urlingford but I can’t find any contact details.
    Thurles usually has an ad in the Irish Shooters digest each month.
    I’m assuming most clubs are closed to member’s, so I guess I need to locate somewhere that does it commercially. Any suggestions?????
    Try here for a list of clubs that are affiliated to the ICPSA http://www.icpsa.ie/contactus/545.html
    Paid €40eur Saturday for 25 shells....is that not a bit expensive? Fun was all over in ten minutes!

Dear enough - if you have your own gun and shells, you can shoot in Lakelands for €7.50 for 25 targets.

Advertisement