Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Different Tyre thread to ninety9ers':-)

Options
  • 14-09-2008 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick question,

I got 2 new tyres on the front a couple of weeks ago. Bridgestone B250's. Just looking at eiretyres with a view to gettiong the 2 rears changed soon.

Bridgestone B 250
    185/65 R15 88T runout
    Recommended retail price*: EUR 81,00
    only €72,40
    Bridgestone B 250
    185/65 R15 88H **
    Recommended retail price*: EUR 92,00
    only €72,00
    Bridgestone B 250
    185/65 R15 88T NEW only €69,10

I assume there no difference between the 3 bar the "runout" on one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

speed rating is different. the T is rated for 118mph and the H for 130mph.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

colm_mcm wrote: »
    speed rating is different. the T is rated for 118mph and the H for 130mph.

Yeah sorry, thougt I only copied the ones with the same speed rating. The 1st and 3rd seem the same bar the runout. Which is the only part I'm not sure about.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

runout is a term used in tyre manufacture, don't see how it applies to this though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'll assume you're fitting them to the Scenic - If so I'd be inclined to go with the H rated tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

crosstownk wrote: »
    I'll assume you're fitting them to the Scenic - If so I'd be inclined to go with the H rated tyres.

No actually :D This is for my Xantia.

The Scenic takes 205/60/16. Looking at Eagle Nct5's for that, had them on my Safrane and was happy with them. Just the tyre place only had the Bridgestones when I went in a couple of weeks ago with my car.

Advance were looking for €520 (budget brand) to around €780 (think he mentioned Bridgestones) for a set for the Scenic. Eiretyres are anything from €55 for cheap crap to €170 a tyre. The Goodyears are 102 which I'm happy to pay.

It'a good needing 8 tyres around the same time. That pesky money was only weighing me down anyway. :)

Timeing belt is next for the Xantia too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

what does the number in front of the speed rating stand for ?

e.g. 91V .. 94V ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

Its the load rating, 91 is about 600kg I think....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

Stekelly wrote: »

I assume there no difference between the 3 bar the "runout" on one?

Radial runout is a measure of high/low spots on the tyre (i.e. the degree of non-uniformity). As a figure it represents the difference between the highest and lowest (radially of course) parts of the tyre. The high spot is then balanced against the low spot of the rim to minimise the cumulative runout.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,927 ✭✭✭✭L1011

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tire_code#Load_Index - this covers the numbers before the letter.

Advertisement