Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

outlawed: the real phil lynott story

• 14-09-2008 10:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

...is on tonight on rte1 at 11:15

just copped this on the epg, and i rarely watch rte for anything so i'll be tuning in. just thought i'd post in case anyone else didnt know it was on and might see this thread in time.

to anyone who's already seen it, it it any good? imdb lists it as made in 2006....and its already on dvd, but its only popped up on my radar now...

*edit*
    just watched it, not bad but a few missing people (no downey, moore gorham or sykes interviews?) some funny anecdotes though..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Aye, saw this in the Biography Channell a few weeks back. Nice. :)

True, nothing new but what can you expect, apart from Moore and Downey, as you mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

I watched it and enjoyed it a lot. Thought it was good. Im listening to Thin Lizzy today as a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I just happened to flick over to rte just as it was starting, nice.

It was really sad to hear how badly Phil and his mother were treated when he was young.

I remember a few years ago seeing a documentary about Lynott on rte but there were loads of interviews of Phil in it, showing where he grew up and telling stories from his youth etc, I can't remember what it was called but I'd like to see it again.

Advertisement