Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Peace Day and Yoga

Options
  • 14-09-2008 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hi all,

It's world peace day this Sunday. The initiative comes from the United Nations. The idea is that everywhere in the world people get toghether and do something from coffee mornings to soccer matches. I'm organizing a free yoga and meditation class, so everybody who is close to Kells is more then welcome. For more information see http://www.peaceoneday.org or
    http://globalmala.org/index.phpr
    Unfortunatly I found only one listing besides myself in Ireland. Please tell me that more people do something.
    All the best,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

This sounds really cool... so how did it go?

Why can't we make every day a world peace day?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Tenente

Hey there, Just wondering if you knew of anything been organised for World Yoga Day on Sunday the 8th of February 2009 in the Cavan Meath area. see www.worldyogaday.net

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭Armada

I like the idea of organising a "day" for anything positive. There have been studies that show concentrated numbers of people with the same intention can affect an area (monks meditating on peace resulted in lower crime rate over a period of time) so this would be great to try and haul Ireland back into a collective positive mind set.

I will give Yoga a try on Sunday, have been intending to do so for a while now but haven't got around to it.

BTW NanoNano how did the Yoga/Meditation day go? I have been thinking about doing something like this.

Advertisement