Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No membership card for a membership card game. Help?

Options
  • 14-09-2008 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi folks!

THE SITUATION:

Goin to the Wigan game next week with tickets i bought through my mates tottenham (bronze member) account.

THE PROBLEM:

The problem is that the tickets have been printed saying "MUST PRODUCE MEMBERSHIP CARD" and as my mate is from IRELAND he has not received his membership card and, thus, I can not produce this card.

Now, for my mate the obvious solution would be to just show the ticket attendant ID, but as I am not the person written on the tickets this will not work.

THE SOLUTION:

Folks, this is where you come in.

Is there a solution?

Best case scenario: The membership card arrives this week(which I am told is unlikely) and I use this to get in to the game.

Alternatively, show up on the day and hope the guy on the door lets me in without the membership card?

Is there any leaghway for this?

As I am going to the game from Ireland there is no point in going over if I can't get in to the game.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated, thanks guys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

As fas as I know, there is plenty of people who do this week in week out and nothing is said. Its normally a good idea to leave it fairly close to kick off and then head in at the busiest time so they probably wont be checking each and every ticket/membership.

I personally have done this several times and got away with it, my mate normally comes with a ticket that has by wife's name printed on it and nothing has ever been said !!

Id be suprised if you got nailed ?

Has any of the lads that go regularly heard of any problems/issues ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭sew

my dad got his membership card last week. so good possibility the one you want in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

ditrock wrote: »
    Your thoughts are greatly appreciated, thanks guys!

I'm thinking red was a horrible colour to post your message in...;)

I usually advise people to go in at the last minute so the turnstile operator is only interested in getting bodies through the stiles, but then they usually have a card and are worried about the name not matching the name on the ticket.

I've heard of one or two people being stopped from going in without a card, but most have had no problems.

Advertisement