Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adhesive question (statics..)

Options
  • 14-09-2008 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering........I was cleaning out the attic today, for an insulation job during the week, and I must have moved about.........12 unmade models. One a 1/6th Suzuki Katana 1100.......and other, much more ordinary stuff.

However, I have some made models .......maybe 10+yrs old, and I'm wondering what is THE current long life adhesive to use?

What I'm trying to avoid is the thing coming undone in a few years time, esp on small parts -e.g. cables, etc. on model bikes.

Look's like I've found a (new) hobby again !

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

small bump - nobody can help ?? :confused:

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

I use "Revell contacta professional". You can get this in any model shops.
    This stuff:
    http://www.netmerchants.co.uk/product.php/2614/594/contacta_professional_25g

You can get different versions, one in a bottle with a brush, stuff for sticking metal parts etc. But the one with the long thin nozel is best. Its thin, so great for sticking detail parts.
    Also its great for the Vinyl tubes used on a bike kit (break lines etc). You just squeeze the tube a bit, and put a drop of glue on the top, let the tube go, and the glue is sucked into the tube. The count to 20, and put the tube in place. It usually stick right in place first go. Some people use super glue for this, but if u make a mistake, you need to cut off the top of the tube. Also the revell stuff softens the tube, and lets it slide into place much easier.

One thing to be aware of on that Katana kit ( i did one a few years ago), is on the chromed parts, make sure you scrape off the chrome where the part will contact the part you are sticking it to. Otherwise it will eventually fall off. Though the revell glue kinda melts it, meaning its quite forgiving, you still need to scrape some chrome off.
    Here is a 1/6 CB750 i did 6 years ago, and nothing has fallen off yet!
    CB750201.jpg

p.s. take your time when painting the saddle on the Katana, as the rear of it is a kinda navy blue colour and the front a grey. Its one peice and looks terrible if you dont get a neat line! :D

Advertisement