Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

forming clubs

Options
  • 14-09-2008 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

hi all just wondering does anyone know about starting a fishing club there is a good few lads that fish together but there is no club.i had a meeting before and a small gang attended . i dont know whats next? i thought about club waters but fisheries board said we have no rights to any waters andi was wondering why some lakes and rivers have signs club fishing waters only also what is the benifits to clubs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

williamsrk wrote: »
    hi all just wondering does anyone know about starting a fishing club there is a good few lads that fish together but there is no club.i had a meeting before and a small gang attended . i dont know whats next? i thought about club waters but fisheries board said we have no rights to any waters andi was wondering why some lakes and rivers have signs club fishing waters only also what is the benifits to clubs

If you don't own or lease fishing rights then the only place you can fish is public waters. There are lots of angling clubs on the major lakes such as Corrib or Derg that fish public water - these lakes are not private.
    Fishing rights on most rivers and smaller lakes are owned by either the state, fishing clubs or private individuals. If you can get a fishery owner to give you access, perhaps by leasing his fishing rights, then you can fish that water and restrict access to members and people you buy permits from - if you sell permits. To lease State-owned water, you must apply to the Central Fisheries Board - they have a tendering system every year for State-owned fisheries - and you must tender a bid. If you get control of a State fishery you have to make permits available for non-members.

Advertisement