Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what did you roll?

• 14-09-2008 11:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭

I ended up going for an Archmage on the open RVR server Finuval Plains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Funky wrote: »
    I ended up going for an Archmage on the open RVR server Finuval Plains

Why did you go open rvr ? =/

I still dont know what to roll as my main. Destruction - I'm torn between Marauder, Witch Elf & Sorcerer. Order - I cant decide between Shadow Warrior and Bright Wizard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭-TK^Creator

2 D6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

It's more fun with no safe zones imo. I prefer having to watch my back when leveling and getting in chance fights with people rather than sitting back comfortably immune to the other faction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Rolled on a Core where its all safe and sheltered :) as a Witchunter (for the hat of course)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Yeah I'm going Open RvR too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I went with my original choice of a Bright Wizard. He's so much fun, but I've had the odd bug where I'll cast a spell and the casting bar will fill up and jsut stay there for a while and I won't be able to do anything else. It's as annoying as hell, especially in the RvR areas where I'm stuck doing nothing while everyone beats seven shades of shìte out of me.

I also rolled a Chosen for the Destruction server. I usually don't do for melee lads, but I'm enjoying this guy. I'm looking forward to kitting him out in kickass armour (although, knowing me, that'll be some time away).

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

In a bit of a pickle server-wise. A few of us from Darkkeep are going to join an established guild on the Destruction side. Problem is that their choice of server is the same as the Boards choice of Order server.

So I made a witch hunter on the Azgal server. so I can kill you guys instead.

Maximilian wrote: »
    In a bit of a pickle server-wise. A few of us from Darkkeep are going to join an established guild on the Destruction side. Problem is that their choice of server is the same as the Boards choice of Order server.

So I made a witch hunter on the Azgal server. so I can be ganked by you guys instead.

FYP :p

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

humanji wrote: »
    FYP :p

Staying anonymous won't be an option bearing in mind the name I chose for him.

I wonder if I thought this through....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

Maximilian wrote: »
    Staying anonymous won't be an option bearing in mind the name I chose for him.

I wonder if I thought this through....
    i saw an idiot named Maximilian today on the server, clearly hadnt a clue what he was doing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I've rolled a squig handler on the destruction server we're going on and a Witch Hunter on the boards destruction server.

I'm in it for the hat as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Rolled shaman and sorceress,like both but then got the urge for a pure healer so going to lvl a zealot up a few lvls to see how it goes for rvr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Zealot will seem very strong to you in the early levels but it balances out later on. You will be virtually unkillable in the early ranks as you can heal and run at the same time.

DanOB wrote: »
    i saw an idiot named Maximilian today on the server, clearly hadnt a clue what he was doing

Was he a Witch Hunter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I'm an Ironbreaker.

Too many decisions, I'll probably end up playing a Bright Wizard or Warrior Priest as my alt.

But dammit WItch Hunters are cool as hell, I want one of those hats.

I'm playing the Makaisson server, most order people seem to be Witch Hunters for humans, white lions for Elves and engineers for Dwarves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

A Sorcerer and a Zealot, both on Karak Hirn

Got my Sorcerer up to 11 earlier and she's kicking some serious ass in RVR, but the Zealot can be quite fun to play as as well, and I prefer the name I picked for him... Kind of torn between which one to go for as my main.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Have a Bright Wizard at rank 9. Thinking of dropping him though as he just plays as a generic ranged DPS, might give an Iron Breaker a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I have a Sorceress lvl 7 on karak azgol... Although... I am not having a lot of fun at the moment with the game. I am still two ways about it, I hope this improves, I really don't want to go back to wow :S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

After finally gettin some time to sit down and play and after server hopping 3 times due to ques i've rolled a Zealot on Clar Karond but i'm having doubhts as I hear bad things about OpenRvR!!

I rolled a Warrior Priest last night, just to see what he was like and it's a really cool character. He can hold his own in most fights and I liked the touch of being able to target an enemy and a party member at the same time, so that you can attack one and heal the other (this is probably in most MMORPG's, but I never noticed before).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

humanji wrote: »
    I rolled a Warrior Priest last night, just to see what he was like and it's a really cool character. He can hold his own in most fights and I liked the touch of being able to target an enemy and a party member at the same time, so that you can attack one and heal the other (this is probably in most MMORPG's, but I never noticed before).

Probably like the /focus switch in Wow maybe ?
    Never noticed that feature myself in war, must try it later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I'd dearly love to be all the following:

Ironbreaker/Engineer/Warrior Priest/Bright Wizard/Witch Hunter

Damned that I lack the time to play as all of them:mad:

As soon as I got my ironbreaker to the Dwarf Warcamp I sent him over to the Empire level and having him do their quests from the beginning. Far more fun really, the Empire quest list is class.

Advertisement