Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra Language Modules?

Options
  • 15-09-2008 12:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

I know that in a lot of the other colleges/universities students can elect to do extra language modules in addition to the main course that they're doing. I was just wondering if you can do this in D.I.T. too?

If so then I haven't heard anything about it and from what I understand other colleges post application forms for extra language modules with the registration information pending acceptance of CAO offers.. so how do you go about registering for extra language modules in D.I.T.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnG18

Id actually be quite interested in that also. Id love to do German as an elective.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

I have seen on the website that u can get classes in some languages like irish, french etc but i dont think you would sit exams for them, I think these are like just for fun classes. I would love to learn german too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭elementalwater

Hmmmm

very good question!!!!

The problem with DIT is that modularisation is still fairly new! So they haven't really gotten round to the full on whack of choices that are available in other colleges like UCD.

DIT suffers from two problems here, one, we're split up accross the city and have to share resources, so to do this module you may have to go to another campus. Two, they may not be able to offer it to you because of your own timetable! Conflicts and what not!

The best thing to do is talk to your class tutor and express your interest and see what options are available to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

I also want to take up language modules. Mainly French. And I'm really confused as to how to go about it. I'm going into second year in music and this was the most info I could find on the site...

http://languages.dit.ie/index.php?Short_Courses:DIT_staff

I may go harass my course coordinator and see what he says.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 therhythmbyrne

Trance wrote: »
    I know that in a lot of the other colleges/universities students can elect to do extra language modules in addition to the main course that they're doing. I was just wondering if you can do this in D.I.T. too?

If so then I haven't heard anything about it and from what I understand other colleges post application forms for extra language modules with the registration information pending acceptance of CAO offers.. so how do you go about registering for extra language modules in D.I.T.?

Not sure what course you are doing but some courses allow you to take a French/German/Spanish language out of hours (or between lunch for my course). Most of the Engineering courses allow this. You should check out your course prospectus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Yes you can take elective modules, thats the whole idea of modularisation. And you can sit exams in them and get the credits for them also. Talk to the head of your course about what electives are open to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnG18

On our induction day one of the Lectures mentioned languages that IF we really want them to come talk to them. And he also said for Pharmaceutical Tech. German would be a good choice.

Advertisement