Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PI infraction...

Options
  • 15-09-2008 12:48am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

I have received an infraction for ''Breach of Peace'' for the following post which has since been deleted from this thread.
    Well, just regarding the sex, maybe you're not that great at faking it and he realizes?

I wouldn't want to have sex with someone who fakes it.

As for everything else, there is absolutely no love in your post, it's quite clear that you couldn't really give a toss other than the fact you're sexually frustrated.

Leave.

I have only appealed one infraction before, and this is even more 'out there' than that one. I mean come on! There has to be a line drawn where someone is warned/infracted/banned because it seems to happen all to easily recently. I understand that PI threads can be delicate but this kind of moderation is way WAY over the top.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Is anyone going to bother their arse to reply?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Your thread was missed. The fact that it had a reply made me think that someone else was looking at it when I skimmed the forum yesterday.

If you feel a helpdesk thread requires an urgent response, then you can PM one of the Smods.

As regards the infraction, it's not a big deal. It was a trainwreck of a thread with all sorts of irrelevant posts and crap going on. It would appear that the mod swept through it cleaning up and firing out infractions.
    The administrative note on the infraction is actually "Breach of Forum Charter", so I imagine Thaed chose "breach of peace" by accident (we just choose from a drop-down list).

The breach in question was going off topic. You focussed on a small, basically irrelevant part of the OP's post. I agree, it's very much on the fringe of being "off-topic", but looking at the thread, there was a tonne of stuff off-topic and in breach of the charter so yours was included in the cleanup.

Infractions are effectively irrelevant. I don't agree that this one was "out there", but perhaps in different circumsrtances you may have received only a warning. Your history of infractions on PI may have had some role to play though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Thank you for your response.

Advertisement