Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need debs advice...(for a guy)

Options
  • 15-09-2008 1:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I'll be attending my first debs next week, and I'm not at all clear on the things a guy is meant to do.
    No.1: I know I'm meant to get a corsage for my date, but is it meant to match my her dress? Also, where in Dublin does anyone recommend for getting one? Any do's or dont's in realation to it?
    No.2: I've heard a lot of talk about chocolates too. Do I get a box for my date, or my dates mother, or both? And what type would you recommend?
    Any advice, but particularly from girls would be appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

ichbinsmg wrote: »
    No.1: I know I'm meant to get a corsage for my date, but is it meant to match my her dress?

Just go into any flower shop and ask for a corsage. Tell them the colour of the dress but they'll probably just give a white flower.
    ichbinsmg wrote: »
    No.2: I've heard a lot of talk about chocolates too. Do I get a box for my date, or my dates mother, or both? And what type would you recommend?

I just got a small box of Butler's chocolates for the dates mother......and flowers with them!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Tiroskan

No. 1: A white corsage is pretty much guaranteed to go with anything, but if in doubt ask her what colour her dress is and if you want to surprise her ask one of her friends ;)

In regards to the dos and don'ts, if you have a choice velcro may not look as nice as a ribbon, but I was the only girl with a velcro strap on my corsage and the only one who didn't get sick of it and take it off during dinner.

No. 2: My date brought my mother a box of chocolates (which was a pleasant surprise for both of us, especially since I never thought he'd clean up that well. I think he was thinking the same about me, lol.) so a small box of Butler's chocolates or the like for the mother would be better than fine.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

If you get a Corsage from Blacktie remember all you get is the flower. You don't get anything to put it on with...like theres no bracelet...or ribbon....feckin nothing. Learned that one last night :(

Advertisement