Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

'06 BMW 320 DIESEL SERVICE

Options
  • 15-09-2008 2:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

IM DROPPING MY 2006 BMW 320 DIESEL SALOON IN FOR A BMW SERVICE IN THE NEXT WEEK OR TWO. IT JUST NEEDS THE OIL DONE. THE CAR IS IN MINT CONDITION.
    HOW MUCH DO YOU THINK I WILL BE FORKING OUT. IM GOING TO TELL THEM I JUST WAS THE OIL ETC DONE.

?????????????????????????????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Why not ask the garage for an estimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

Don't forget to do the filters too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Thats not a service thats an oil change.

I hate people who buy expensive cars who worry about the servicing costs.

Remember as well that on a diesel, the fuel filter needs to be drained of water on the first service and changed on the second service. and so and so.

Why not do the oil change yourself or have BMW made it impossible to reach the sump plug.

30 for gallon of oil
    15 for oil filter
    3 for sump washer

Oil change for under 50e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Got my 320 done in Kells a couple of weeks ago.

Worked out around 280 including labour, that included air, oil and pollen filters and oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

brianmulla wrote: »
    IM DROPPING MY 2006 BMW 320 DIESEL SALOON IN FOR A BMW SERVICE IN THE NEXT WEEK OR TWO. IT JUST NEEDS THE OIL DONE. THE CAR IS IN MINT CONDITION.
    HOW MUCH DO YOU THINK I WILL BE FORKING OUT. IM GOING TO TELL THEM I JUST WAS THE OIL ETC DONE.

?????????????????????????????

Get the CAPS LOCK done too.

I'd reckon €200 to €250. Unless you plan keeping the car for many years I'd also recommend bringing it to the dealer and keeping the book stamped up. Cars are getting hard enough to sell with full dealer histories. No need to make your's any harder to sell. Oil will be closer to €60+ per gallon btw.

• Advertisement

milltown wrote: »
    Oil will be closer to €60+ per gallon btw.

Oil in Halfords is about 30e for a gallon (4 litres), do BMW's use a different oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭robbie99

kluivert wrote: »
    Oil in Halfords is about 30e for a gallon (4 litres), do BMW's use a different oil.

€23 a liter (from either Halfords or a BMW dealer), 7 liters required. 0W30 fully synthetic castrol edge I think - BMW longlife-04

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

robbie99 wrote: »
    €23 a liter (from either Halfords or a BMW dealer), 7 liters required. 0W30 fully synthetic castrol edge I think - BMW longlife-04

That's the stuff. I think I paid about €60 for a 4L can from my motor factors. With BMW's 12-15k mile service intervals I wouldn't be skimping on the oil and putting Halford's cheapest in!

milltown wrote: »
    That's the stuff. I think I paid about €60 for a 4L can from my motor factors. With BMW's 12-15k mile service intervals I wouldn't be skimping on the oil and putting Halford's cheapest in!

WOW - Thats some special oil, what makes it different than normal semi of fully synthenic oil.

Is it specially designed for BMW engines

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

€60 is not that dear for oil for a diesel any 5w40 will generally cost you in the region of this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I paid €435 for a service on my 03 320D in Joe Duffy last July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

does it really take 7 litres?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭robbie99

Well the latest 320d with the N47 177bhp engine does. Not sure about the earlier engines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

Well the latest 320d with the N47 177bhp engine does. Not sure about the earlier engines.
    http://www.castrol.com/castrol/iframe.do?categoryId=9024084&contentId=7044829
    says 5.0/5.5 litres - still a fair bit

Advertisement