Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colaiste Stiofan Naofa (Sound Eng)night class

Options
  • 15-09-2008 3:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi all

I'm interested in this course. Has anyone out there done it or anything like it. What was it like. All comments welcome

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Seziertisch

I know a couple of people who did the full-time course there a few years ago.

One guy dropped out after a couple of months saying that it was a good place to go to get a band together and they they were really encouraged to play out (which he was already doing quite a lot of independent of the college) but said it was a bit thin on the ground on the actual engineering side for his liking.

Another guy finished the course, really enjoyed it, but said that it was mostly performance based stuff they were doing. I asked him about what sequencing software etc. they were taught and he said saying none really.

This was a couple of years ago, now, mind, so it might have changed since then. I'd say contact the place directly, ask what the timetable will break down into specifically and see if it is what you are interested in or if it is "sound engineering". If I remember correctly the course isn't called sound engineering, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

the night class is more of an introduction to sound engineering, rather than the full time course which is music,magagement and sound.
    the sound lecturers are quite good there so should be alright.
    a mate did a while back and enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Mulan

Thanks for the posts guys. I signed up for it yesterday and looking forward to it.

cheers

Advertisement